twenty-three - better than words

[ oh, whatever tears you apart,
don't let it break your heart. ]

_________________________________

The next two weeks passed... almost dreadfully quick. Harry and I had fun, we hung out, it was cool. But with that text looming over our heads? Relaxation proved difficult.

"You excited to get back home?" I asked Harry, absentmindedly twirling my hair around my pointer finger.

"A bit," Harry answered. He brushed his own hair off of his forehead and looked out the plane window. We would be landing in London in a few hours.

The texts he got two weeks ago were simple.

You and Mickey, in my office, as soon as you get back to London. Have a nice time with your family. Xx.

Followed by

Let SYCO handle the rumors. I mean it. Xx.

Both of which came from Simon Cowell.

SYCO, it seemed, handled the rumors by not handling them at all. Harry and I were told not to interact with anyone concerning our relationship status, and SYCO did nothing to slow them down.

One Direction and I had a group FaceTime call to discuss it. They decided that going against Simon would be a bad idea. And I listened, only because Louis gave me his dumb puppy dog eyes through the phone. Anyways, Harry and I have a meeting with Simon pretty much as soon as we get back. But I need to sign a contract anyways, so even if there was no relationship drama with us the meeting would still be happening.

Harry sighed, and then I sighed. I shimmied down in my seat and let my head drop onto his shoulder. He put his head on top of mine and I closed my eyes.

In a few hours, I would see Niall, Liam, Louis, and Zayn. I have to say, I've missed them. I've been texting all of them the whole two weeks. In just a few hours, the gang would be back together again.

-

"Mr. Styles, Miss Horan," The pilot called. I scrunched my eyes together and then opened them. The man was looking rather amused. I elbowed Harry in the ribs and he let out a tired groan.

"Wake up, we're in London," I said. He yawned and smiled. The pilot gave me a wave and disappeared into his cabin, leaving me to deal with Harry alone. "Are you gonna get up, or...?" I asked playfully.

"Someone's antsy," He mumbled. I stood up out of my seat and pulled him out of his. "They'll bring our bags home to us."

"That's sick," I mumbled. Harry laughed and pressed the door that opens the plane. The stairs folded down. Harry nodded his head for me to walk out first. I stepped out onto the first step, right into the paparazzi.

Harry was right behind me, and gave a soft reminder not to freeze. He wrapped his arm around me and I trusted him to guide me to the vehicle while I kept my face down away from the cameras. I didn't think I would ever be able to get used to that.

He walked behind me, and wrapped a protective arm around my shoulders when the paps moved in to ask questions.

"Have you been dating all this time?"

"Mickey, will you confirm your relationship?"

"Harry Styles! Isn't Mickey a little bit young for you?"

Harry opened the door for me and I climbed in. He slid in behind me and shut the door, before knocking on the back window to let the driver know he's good to go. We slumped into our seats and let out sighs.