LITTLE BLACK DRESS

[ONE WEEK LATER]

High school graduation.

Or, more like I went back to high school after I graduated to take college courses, and now I'm graduating again.

I adjusted my cap and gown and put more concealer over my eye. The bruises from Donte were fading, and as long as I covered them in make up and people didn't look too close, no one would know.

I slipped on my shoes, gave myself a quick once over, and then left my bedroom.

"You're the only person in this house that's graduated high school," Harry said from behind me. I turned around and smiled.

"It's sick," I said.

"Definitely sick," Harry said, mocking me. I slid down the banister as he walked down the stairs. "You said your friends are coming to pick you up?"

"Yeah. You guys don't have to be there until like two, but they want the seniors there at noon."

"And Donte's not going to be there?"

"Riley said he dropped out," I said, "so no, he shouldn't be."

I had missed the last two weeks of school. My excuse was that I was busy with interviews, which was true, but the reason was my busted face and fear of seeing Donte in a place here he might be watching me.

"And if he is, you'll text me and let me know?"

"Yes, Harry, right away," I sighed. "You sound like Liam."

"Well, Liam's not here. Someone has to be the responsible one."

He had a point. Liam, Louis, Niall and Zayn went to sign some contracts. Harry opted to stay with me, saying something about how Lou is good at forging signatures, he can sign mine for me.

"Oh, Didge is here," I said, looking down at my phone. "Gotta go."

"Wait!" Harry said. He pulled me back into a hug and kissed the top of my head. "Okay, you can go now."

"Bye," I laughed.

I left the house and ran to Didge's car. Poe was in the passenger side, so I slid in the back. "Guys, we're fucking graduating!"

"Thank god," Didge laughed. "High school is the worst thing that's ever happened to me."

"I don't know why everyone hates high school so much, I didn't mind it," Poe said.

"That's because you're popular," Didge quipped.

"Mickey's popular, she still hated school."

"I wouldn't be popular if I wasn't famous," I dismissed.

"You would be, though. You're smart, nice, and pretty. Bam, perfect recipe for a popular girl," Didge said. I raised my eyebrows.

Since when were the popular girls nice?

"Riley and Olivia are gonna meet us there. I think they're planning on coming out today," Poe said.

"They're together?" I asked.

"For a few months now, yeah. They wanted to wait until after graduation so they wouldn't have to deal with homophobic people at school," Didge explained.

"That's cool," I said, "actually, now that you mention it, they do act like a couple."

"But like, a secret couple," Poe said.

"Kind of like you and Louis," Didge added.

"I already have my brothers on the whole we're still in love kick, I don't need you too. Miss fangirl," I laughed.