Prologue

"Good luck in primary school Jimin! I'll be here to pick you up after class! Make some friends and don't be scared, okay sweetie?"

"Okay, Mama! I'll try! I love you!" Jimin hugged his mom tight and rushed into the classroom with his colorful backpack swinging loosely on his shoulders.

Jimin tugged on the teacher's shirt to ask where to sit. When the teacher turned around she gave him a sympathetic look of pity, to which the child tilted his head in confusion.

"Oh, you're such a sweet boy. I'm sorry you have to go through this." She squatted down and rubbed her thumb on Jimin's left cheek.

During the early years of his childhood, no one seemed to care about the handprint that dawned on Jimin's cheek but as he got older things quickly changed.

Everywhere Jimin walked he got looks of pity because everyone, including himself, knew he'd get slapped by his soulmate. Kids used to bully him in school, call him worthless and tell him even his soulmate couldn't stand him.

That's when Jimin begged his mom to buy him makeup to cover the mark. The woman reluctantly agreed, she didn't want his mark covered up because she thought he should be proud of it but she didn't want him being bullied either.

Then in a different town, another kid was waiting. Waiting for the one handshake to change his life.