17

Jimin rubbed his face at the searing pain as everyone in his relative area stared at him. God, he hated that feeling, eyes, on him, everywhere. Yes, people, Jesus, he had a soul mark on his cheek, and no, it didn't glow just now when someone slapped him. 

A hand reached out and touched his shoulder. "Jimin I understand if you want to leave I can take you home-" Jin offered, whispering so only Jimin could hear. 

"No," Jimin said forcing an EXTREMELY fake smile. "You guys can stay. I'm just going to go wash up in the bathroom." Jimin pushed through the people and made his way to the bathroom. 

Jimin pushed on the handle and opened the door, locking it behind him. Luckily no one was occupying the bathroom. He clutched his chest as it heaved up and down. He stumbled over to the mirror, leaning on the sink as he took in his reflection. In comparison to his soulmark, the handprint was bright red and slightly offset. The thumb was lower and more to the right.  The palm of the hand was smaller and there weren't any clear finger marks as they faded away after the first joint.

He turned the faucet on watching as the water run down the drain. Cupping some water in his hands he splashed his face, rubbing the cool substance into his skin. Hoping to relieve the redness upon his cheek.  

Jimin sucked in a breath as tears dripped out of his eyes. He heard a knock at the door and that's when he decided that he couldn't stay in the bathroom, as that would be an inconvenience to everyone else. Jimin grasped the handle and opened the door keeping his head low to not meet the person on the other side.

Unsure of where to go to he exited the establishment sitting out on a bench in the courtyard. Jimin sniffled as he stared up at the night sky, another pathetic attempt to keep tears from dripping down his face. "Why?" He asked with no one in particular in mind. "Why must I have this mark on my face?" Jimin said releasing a small sob.

There was still a throbbing pain in his chest as he cried. Jimin hated this, he hated this. Why did he have to have a mark on his face? Maybe he'd break and start dating people that weren't his soulmate. There are plenty of those scums.

I mean, there are still people he could be compatible with, out there, in the world.

Maybe he'd just be alone forever, that would be okay too.

He can be the male version of the lonely old lady with over sixty cats. 

"Jimin? Is that you?" A voice asked making Jimin quickly snap out of his thoughts and wipe away his tears. Yoongi stepped closer into the light. "Why are you crying?"

"I- Uh... I'm not crying. What are you talking about?" Jimin lied which was evident by his poor attempts of wiping away his tears and shaky voice. 

"Oh Jimin... Don't cry, come here." Yoongi gestured with his outstretched hand. Jimin shook his head shrinking away from the older. Yoongi sighed and sat next to Jimin. "Is it because of your mark? And what happened tonight?"

Jimin nodded. "Hyung, how many times do I need to get slapped before they show up? Even then they'll probably hate me."

"I don't see how anyone could hate you," Yoongi muttered looking down. It hurt him to see Jimin like this. If he was Jimin's soulmate he'd never slap him. 

But he wasn't.

God, if he was.

Jimin would get infinite amounts of ice cream.

He'd play the piano for him every night.

He'd cuddle him to sleep.

He'd kiss his lips.

He'd caress his thighs.

Every day when he woke up he'd remind Jimin how beautiful he is.

How much he was loved.

Because that's what Jimin deserves.

Jimin deserves the world. 

"Well..." Jimin said wiping off more of his tears flashing a smile. "Not everyone is as perfect as you Yoongi." 

Yoongi shook his head. "Jimin I'm flattered but I'm far from perfect." 

The younger's face dropped. "Well, you're perfect in my eyes."

Yoongi smiled. "I'll take that as the highest honor bestowed upon me." Jimin was finally starting to cheer up. Which was good because Yoongi couldn't stand seeing Jimin upset or cry. "Jin and Namjoon are really sorry."

"They shouldn't be sorry. This is their dinner, Namjoon's parents got the reservations as a gift. I should be the one apologizing I ruined it with my crybaby tendencies." Jimin said as more tears dripped down his face, however, he was quick to wipe them away.

"I don't think you're a crybaby. You're the strongest person I know Jimin." Yoongi told.

"You don't mean that," Jimin said waving the olders compliment off. 

"I'm serious." Yoongi insisted crossing his arms. "You've gone through a lot of torment just because you were born with the mark you have and not a different one. And look, you're still here, your heart is still beating."

"Yeah I might be living but am I really alive?" 

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Jimin sighed placing his hand on his cheek where his constant flowing tears burned his cheeks like acid. "I'm living, my brain functions and so do all my other organs. But what about everything else? I'm just a regular college student in Seoul who moved away from Busan and hardly talks to his mom because even my own parents pity me. I'm not alive."

"Well, you have six friends that care about your well being. Here, now, in Seoul. Regardless of whatever people back in Busan or other people in general think, we all think you are amazing." Yoongi told Jimin meeting his eyes. 

Yoongi watched as Jimin simply sat silent lost in his own self detrimental thoughts. Yoongi reached up to wipe off a tear from Jimin's face. As he did there was a tingling feeling throughout his hand followed by a bright gold flash of light.

~

Yall wanna know when I wrote the ending? October 7th 2019

:)

I think two people guessed the ending.

And I don't feel as bad leaving you guys on cliffhangers because you are already going to get the chapter tomorrow. It's not like you have to wait for two weeks. 

Also a random question, from the very little knowledge you have about my girlfriend and I. 

Who do you think does all the house maintenance? Like hanging up blinds and assembling furniture and rewiring a light fixture. I don't know why this popped up into my head but I'm genuinely curious.