2

"Yes, yes, thank you again, sir." Jimin apologized to his teacher for missing class. 

"You're a good kid, Jimin. Here are the assignments that are due next week. Don't make this a pattern. And if you need help feel free to come to office hours." Jimin simply nodded to Professor Sang's words, even though he knew he wouldn't need to go to office hours. 

Jimin quickly shoved his papers in his backpack and began making his way to the parking lot. The dread built up inside Jimin, he knew he'd be meeting Jin and Namjoon, his friends too. Jimin slowed his pace, taking his time getting to Jin's car.

Jimin's hand brushed against the passenger side door handle. Breathing in, he opened the door and hopped in.

"Hey, Chim! You ready?" Hoseok squished his face from the back of the car.

"Hobi, I'm not as extroverted as you," Jimin mumbled.

Hoseok simply laughed and squished the younger's face. "Yeah, but who doesn't like meeting new friends!"

Jimin pulled down the sunshade to check himself in the mirror on the back of it. He grumbled and grabbed some concealer from his backpack and applied it with his fingers, not missing the glare Jin sent him from the side if his eyes. While Jin didn't say anything Jimin knew he thought that he shouldn't cover his soul mark. 

Hoseok, of course,  broke the awkward tension between the two in the front seat. "So I can't believe you knew Namjoon that long before you guys knew." Hoseok beamed with a smile. 

"Well, it just goes to show you..." Jin paused glancing over at the youngest. "There are millions of scenarios that can play out in meeting your soulmate. It's kinda funny because I swear we've touched before but I guess not."

Jimin looked out the car window, not wishing to partake in the current conversation. It already has been bad enough that he got reminded of his horrible situation. Jimin continued to look out the car window like an edgy teenager in music videos for the rest of the ride. 

The panic set in again when the car pulled into a parking space outside a small townhouse. Jimin attempted to mentally prepare himself however, the car got immediately greeted by Namjoon and his three friends.

Jin and Hoseok got out of the car to greet them. "Hi, Joonie!" Jin smiled, kissing his cheek. 

"Oh no, I already have to listen to the other two fuck all night, don't tell me you will too!" A short blonde haired male complained. 

"Yoongi, Jin only kissed me!"

"First it's kissing. It's always 'just kissing' mhm..." 

"Way to make a spectacular first impression of yourself then." Namjoon rolled his eyes and signaled for everyone to come inside. 

Jimin carefully stepped out of the car and slipped behind the group, wanting to remain unnoticed. The house turned out to be quite small, very average, and well kept. Jimin didn't know where to sit so he ended up standing in the corner quietly. He listened to the others converse and introduce each other. Just gathering information.

Taehyung and Jungkook are soulmates. Taehyung had marks on his hands and Jungkook on the back of his neck. Turns out they met because Taehyung tried to avoid his ex at a highschool dance and forced the younger to dance with him.

They weren't the ones who were interesting though. 

I mean they were interesting...

But not the most interesting...

Not in Jimin's eyes. 

Namjoon's other friend... Yoongi took the crown. 

Yoongi seemed to be full of sass and sarcastic comebacks. His blonde hair appeared to be unnatural, as his black roots were able to be seen. The sarcastic male spent his time joking with Hoseok. That's when Jimin noticed, the dark mark that covered his right hand. It almost exactly matched the one Hoseok hand on his left hand.

Everyone else seemed to have this same realization at the same time. Hoseok and Yoongi smiled at each other and went in for a high five.

Jimin noped out of the situation real fast.

He could not endure another soulmate meeting today. He already had one mental breakdown about the subject and he didn't want to lower himself down further into the pit of despair. Jimin decided that he would just call and uber to go home. The three couples most likely wouldn't even notice he left.

~

Yoongi went to high hive Hoseok, their skin connected and-

Nothing happened. 

No dramatic gold flash that had the brightness of a car's LED headlights in your face while driving at night. 

Damn.

He wanted to meet his soulmate. 

He is in college now. How much longer did he have to wait?

Some soulmates meet at the age of five. 

Yoongi just hoped that he wouldn't have to wait until he turned ninety-three to meet his soulmate. 

"Ah, man." Hoseok sighed. "Guess I remain single another day."

The group decided to sit down around the coffee table, that when they noticed a person happened to be missing.

"Where did Jimin go?" Jin looked around the room, doing a headcount, coming up short with only six.

"Bathroom?" Namjoon suggested.

Hoseok looked towards the door, wide open. "Nope."

"I didn't lock him in the car did I?" Jin patted his pockets, looking for his keys. 

Namjoon shook his head. "No, I remember holding the door open for him."

Yoongi, Taehyung, and Jungkook watched the others bicker, unsure of what to do. 

"What's Jimin like?" Yoongi asked wanting to be apart of the conversation.

"He's..." Jin paused biting his lip. "He has some issues... mentally."

"JIN! That sounds bad!" Hoseok argued.

"I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO SAY IT ANY OTHER WAY!"

"It's not our place to tell. He most likely left when we were about to high five." Hoseok's face fell.

"Why?" Yoongi raised a brow. "Does he hate soulmates or something?"

"Not exactly. Like Hoseok said... Not our place to tell." Jin bit his cheek wanting to change the subject. 

"Uh... WHO WANTS TO PLAY UNO?" Namjoon piped up clearing the sad awkwardness that loomed around the group. 

"ME!" Taehyung chirped, jumping up to get the cards.

"Hey, Jin." Namjoon poked the elder's cheek. "I know we just got together today but we'll be spending the rest of our lives together. I thought maybe you could move in with us here."

Jin lit up before his face fell. "I don't think I could leave Hoseok and Jimin at the apartment, we split rent."

"I'll live there. The apartment I mean."

Everyone turned their heads towards Yoongi. 

The male continued to talk as he shuffled the deck. "There are only two rooms here. I'd have to move out because I'd be the fifth wheel twenty-four seven. Or listen to someone 'doing laundry' all night long. So the two couples can live here, and singles can live in the apartment." Yoongi explained passing out the cards. 

"Sounds good to me." Hoseok looked at his cards and organized them in his hand. 

"I guess..." Jin hesitated. "We'll talk to Jimin. I'm sure he wouldn't mind though."

~

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm feeling inspired so I'll probably write a few chapters ahead to get more frequent updates out.