1

If you know you're toxic and have an ill-mannered personality who lack the ability to show respect, then just leave. Walk out and delete this book from your library 🚪 👈✌️. Please and thank you <3 

o n e| a l e x a n d r i a
___

Idiots. They're all idiots.

A laugh escapes my lips and curl into a cunning smile simultaneously.

I look around before entering the gates of the spectacular mansion that held the party I came for. A party, I'd like to add, that commenced without my wonderful presence.

How considerate.

I adjust my hood before I enter the gaping doors of the residence and find my way to the ballroom. People chattered and danced. The vast space was filled with smiles and laughter. I cringed. A room full of masses of werewolves' scents is definitely unpleasant.

I scrunched my nose. How the hell do you find your mates in this place?

Every year, the council—I apologize, I mean The Council— hosts a gathering. Werewolves 16 and above were expected to participate. It's purpose is to unite unmated wolves and most importantly, the Alphas. And like predicted, newly mates talk, fall in love, kiss, mark each other, fuck, make lil ba-

Anyways, all werewolves of all ranks: Alphas, Betas, even Omegas blah blah blah, are "invited." If I was to describe the Mating Ball, I'd say it was rather mandatory. But that didn't really matter because almost every wolf are willing to attend in hopes of meeting their other half.

Except the Royal Crimson Pack.

They are powerful, commanding, and influential. And for this, they were above the Council. No, they did not abuse their power nor did they randomly annihilate packs. But once agitated, they will spare no mercy and tear you apart slowly, making sure you suffer the worst death penalty anyone could ever experience. Or so I've heard. No one who dare challenge the Royal Crimson Pack can escape. Like they say, you can run, but you can't hide.

But that didn't matter to me, did it? As if I'd ever get tangled in their matters.

What mattered to me right now were the rumors. During the 3 years I've participated in this event, I've collected enough information to know that the young leaders of the Royal Crimson Pack were breathtaking in a sense. Both men and women babbled on how ravishing they looked and how charismatic they were. It made my curiosity rise.

And as if the Moon Goddess heard us oh so unfortunate peasants, word of new company spread. Apparently, the Crimson Pack will be attending this year's Mating Ball.

Fucking finally. I needed something to feed my boredom.

I sauntered around the room while trying to avoid any form of contact. No offense but the people here are dull. Uneventful. In other words: not fun. Interaction is a waste of time.

Craving some dessert, I walk to the food area, grabbing a plate and 4 mini slices of cake. I almost drooled merely at the sight of it. It looked so so good. I haven't eaten something expensive in a while and I was gonna make the best out of it.

Raising the fork to my mouth, I take notice of the gossips that charged the room.

"Did you see them?! I've never felt so- I don't know how to define it! But my heart feels like it's gonna blow up!" One beams, her cheeks extremely flushed.