32

t h i r t y - t w o| t h e o
___

Fury.

I was in a frenzy, overcame with rage from the absence of my mate's presence.

Weak.

That's what I am.

If I can't even keep my mate safe, then how can I lead a pack?

I was angry at myself for being irresponsible and pathetic.

If I could, I would run straight ahead and have Alexandria back in my arms.

But I can't.

Not when I didn't know what or who I was facing.

Although, I was able to break it down into two possibilities: Alex's lame ass family or Silas.

I could either charge in, ransack their whole village, wipe out their whole population, and burn them alive to rot in ruins.

Or I could run into a dead end and kill myself like an idiot fighting one to a thousand rogues.

Silas. He rules by using others. He threatens, manipulates, and controls each and every one of them like they were pawns. He would send all the Rogue Packs against me.

But that was all.

Silas is a coward. He would sit in his throne, sipping on wine as he watches both mine and his people die.

A growl emits from my chest and again, anger surges through me. My wolf was prodding at me for release and my claws were itching to destroy. I was hanging on a thread and I wanted to release this anger on something—someone.

But I stop myself because I didn't want to ruin anything that reminded me of Alex, which was the only thing keeping me sane.

Her scent lingered in our room. The watches and jewelry she stole and stacked in the cabinet reminded me of her. The clothes she stole from my closet reminded me of her. The chair she would always sit on in the dining room reminded me of her. Hell, even the hallways reminded me of her.

I was going crazy without her. I was crazy for her.

So instead of tearing down the whole house, I imagine my hands on Gio's neck, squeezing as hard as I could.

A snarl unintentionally escapes my lips and a whimper soon follows after.

I snap my head to the doorway, annoyed by anyone that came near me. Maybe it was the intensity of my glare or the crazed look on my face, but either way, it made Cara flinch and cower back in fear.

Oh my, my sister who used to be so pure and carefree.

"If you're just gonna stand there without saying anything, then I suggest you leave," I growl at her.

I keep my expression blank when she winced, surprised by my harsh way of speaking.

I'm not gonna deny the shock that enters my mind when she didn't back away and kept her stand still.