8

e i g h t| a l e x a n d r i a
___

I was given 24 hours to prepare and currently have 18 hours left. It was currently 7 pm and I felt too awkward to eat my dinner with hundreds of tense and uneasy werewolves. They were uncomfortable with my presence and with the idea of me being Luna. I just know it.

I also knew that they had a considerable amount of issues with rogues and I was itching to uncover their secrets.

But right now, I didn't know what to do. I was both hungry and bored—a horrible combination.

And lazy.

I considered preparing for tomorrow's duel, but gravity pulled me down every time I tried to get up. It was as if the Moon Goddess set me up for defeat.

Ha! Me losing? Against her?

Never in a million years.

Currently, I was laying on a soft, expensive carpet, my body slumped against the footboard of my bed. I stare straight ahead and eye the wall.

This was my plan for the next few hours until I finally fall asleep.

My mind spiraled with many thoughts and ideas of things to do, but I was too lazy to execute them.

Just when I thought the boredom was gonna kill me, something on the contrary finally happens.

My door barges open, interrupting my boredom. At this point, I didn't care if it was an invading enemy or a robber. I just wanted something to happen—anything.

Fortunately for me, the familiar scent of after rain and lavender enters the room. I take in the captivating fragrance and give Theo a crooked smile as he stares down at me on the floor with a raised brow.

His eyes linger on my slumped state for a moment before he releases a sigh and lowers himself to sit down in front of me.

"Eat. You must be starving," he orders and sets a plate filled with food on my hands.

I thank him and devour the meal gratefully.

"Oh my god. I love spaghetti," I say in between my eating.

"Don't talk until you've finished eating."

I comply with a small nod.

When I finished, Theo grabs the plate and sets it aside.

"Someone's obviously been preparing for her duel," he ridicules.

"Thanks for the motivational speech, asshole."

"Anything for you, shortcake," he winks. This man is bipolar!

I huff and cross my arms. "I'm not short."

He hums and says, "Whatever floats your boat."

"Fuck you."

"Fuck you too."

"Fuck you more."

He chuckles. "Anytime, shortcake."

"Dipshit."

"Vaffanculo!"

"Du te dracu! Magar!"

He growls lowly at me intentionally and I growl back.

Sticking my tongue out at him, he responds by flipping me off.

I was about to throw a light punch, when suddenly, he pauses and his eyes turn brighter, signaling that a pack member was mind linking him.

I took this chance to study his chiseled jawline, perfectly carved out nose, and blemish free skin. His lips was a luscious shade of pink and his dark brows a perfect shape. And oh my, my favorite part: his beautiful eyes filled cunningness and a mischievous glint. He was pretty yet manly. How could anyone be so goddamn charming?

His eyes return to its usual shade.

I watch as his perfect lips curve into a smirk as he tells me, "As much as I'd like to see you checking me out, I have to take my leave. Pack matters."

I couldn't help but frown, disappointed that the duration of our talk was short.

Stupid mate bond, making me all emotional and shit.

He makes his way to the door. Before he reaches for the door know, however, I ask him a question.

It was a question that bothered me for the longest time. A question that lingered in my brain the moment I met him and the moment I was currently in. It irked me and I couldn't resist but ask.

"Theo?"

"Yeah?"

"You want to know something sketchy?"

"Sure."

"It's the fact that you're not worried about the results of tomorrow's match. It's like you're not bothered by the idea that I might lose and possibly die against Talia," I plant my eyes on Theo, who's muscular back was turned to me. "Why aren't you troubled like a normal mate would be? Why are you acting like a mate one moment and a stranger the next second? Who really are you?"

Silence slaps me in the face.

After a few moments, he finally speaks, his back still facing me. "Because I know you'll prevail. I'm not stupid, Alexandria, I'm somewhat aware of what kind of person you are. And I will know you completely soon enough. A person like you wouldn't be so composed unless you know the outcome. Clearly, you have a trick up your sleeve."

I choose to not say anything, not shocked at all that he unraveled a piece of me. He was The Lycan, after all. And he lived up to my expectations. It only made things rather interesting.

Theo twists the door knob and pushes the door open. However, his feet remain planted on the floor inside my room.

Finally, he turns his body so I could see his face filled with undeniable roguishness. It was an expression that was both daunting, yet bewitching.
His lips curl into his signature devious smile.

"Both you and I know," he says. "That we're playing a game of 'Secrets.' The only time we can be normal mates is if one of us drops the act and I will wait patiently for that day. But I assure you, my dear Alexandria, that I'll win this game."

I didn't try to deny it for to an extent, I was no liar. I was fully aware of his ability. And that was something anyone—even I, could not rival.

With a poised look, Theo takes a step out of the room.

"Goodnight, my little mischief," he concludes.

"Goodnight, Theo."

He finally takes his leave.