14

14| a l e x a n d r i a
___

I look at my peripheral, making sure Cara could feel my burning gaze. When she turned to look at me with an obvious sneer on her face, I gave her a smug smirk.

Ha! Get that!

She diverts her attention from me to Theo, who she turns to with the fakest smile on her face. I almost snorted at her act.

"Theo," she starts. "You know I'm not comfortable with other peo—"

With an emotionless face, Theo sighs and disrupts her, "Cut it. You need to stop relying on me, dear sister. It's been 4 years, Cara. Move on. Please. Let's start with spending time with others and not just me."

I grit my teeth together and purse my lips.

Cara's knockoff smile immediately drops and transforms into a frown. Then, her eyes travel to me once again with the most maddened gaze. I frown at her irritation.

"Fine," she says before following the oblivious, lovey dovey couple to their own ride. Before she does, though, she passes by me and nudges me. Hard. I didn't think twice before shoving her harder than she did.

She stumbles but doesn't fall to the ground like I desired.

What a fucking bitch.

We glare at each other for god knows how long before Theo lets out a resolute, "Behave."

Cara's head snaps to him. "But sh—."

I narrow my eyes at her but chose not to speak. Keep talking, you motherfucker.

"Stop making trouble," Theo says, tight-lipped. His eyes were filled with rage, but not too much that it scared me. "Go."

The brows on Cara's upset face furrow together as she makes her way to Scarlett and Emilio, who both sported a grim countenance. Finally, they were paying attention.

Theo releases a deep sigh one last time as he kept his eye on his sister. When she hesitantly entered the car, Theo finally turns to me, a reassuring smile entering his face.

"It's our turn to leave," he crouches to my eye level and nods his head to an executive black car (which I don't know what brand it is since I'm a rogue who never had the chance to own or even look at such things). I just knew it was shiny. And expensive. I unconsciously grin at the thought."Let's get moving."

I clear my head of Cara and squeak out an, "Okay!"

I follow Theo to the vehicle, ready to look at the scenery as he drove and fall asleep to the beautiful view of nature.

Why can't it be nighttime already?

I wanted to experience the nighttime rides witchcraft that teenagers speak of.

Theo pulls to a stop in front of me and opens the door to the passenger seat. What a gentleman.

"Thank you," I mutter.

"You're welcome," he says and enters the car, starting the drive.

He turns on the radio to play some music and turns the volume higher but not loud enough to burst my eardrums.