19

n i n e t e e n| a l e x a n d r i a
___

One week.

It's been 1 fucking week since Theo last spoke to me and 7 days I've been serving patrol as my punishment.

After 1 week, my anger had simmered down but apparently Theo and the others still haven't forgotten. Every time I tried to even approach them—even one fucking step—they seem to intentionally leave the room or pretend to talk amongst themselves like immature little kids.

No one fucking understands.

Constantly, I had to remind myself that I was mad at Theo and everyone else before I let myself get taken over the urge to talk to them and mostly Theo.

The mate bond was making me fret and stress over every little thing. I was getting more annoyed and got ticked off over every little thing.

To my luck, Beta Felix was in charges of patrol and became my very victim. He became somewhat like my own punching bag to feed my irritation.

God, my temper is really unappealing.

"You know, Felix," I start. "You should audition for Tarzan."

He growls, "Watch it, Catalina."

"Aye aye, cap!" I mock.

"Get your shit together and watch for any trespassers or rogues among the premises," he commands.

I let out a humorless laugh. "You have a bad eye, Felix."

He only rolls his eyes and returns to his alert state. I knew I was irritating him and I knew that he and the others were also already stressed ever since Cara had been attacked by rogues.

Since that incident, rogue disturbances have greatly increased. They were seen holding meetings and eyeing the territory as if they were trying to map it out. It was as they were making themselves known that they were shamelessly planning an attack.

Theo, getting the memo, increased the number of warriors guarding the territory—including me.

I thought it was nothing—that it was no problem. But the weary and fatigued expressions almost everyone in the pack sported told me it was something more. The situation must be getting out of hand.

And apparently, I wasn't well-informed.

Ha, it's not like anyone tells you anything anyways. So I continue to do what I do best: annoying people.

"Are you exhausted?" I question Felix, fully knowing the answer.

The young Beta merely sighs and grunts at me.

"I bet you ought to let out your frustration on someone, no?"

He huffs and nods.

"Like a rogue?" I add.

He snaps his head to me and runs a hand through his long hair before admitting, "You're right. I'm stressed and everyone else stressing makes me more stressed out. I just want to go down the cellars and throw a punch at a rogue or two."