13

13| a l e x a n d r i a
___

"I say we hand her over to them," Giovanni's furious voice books across the room.

Of course. He just had to, didn't he?

There was a series growls and snarls sent his way. The natural instinct to protect their future Luna was already kicking in. Anything harmful thrown my way—whether physically or mentally—will just continue to test the waters and anger them.

Even so, there were those who remain unaffected or even agreed with Giovanni. They nodded simultaneously at his declaration.

Theo doesn't say anything but his forbidding gaze was enough for me to know that Giovanni was infuriating him.

Clearly, someone hasn't learned their lesson.

"And why is that?" Theo asks, tight-lipped.

Giovanni pauses, as if he was making sure that what he was about to say won't end up with him losing a limb or two.

Theo raises a perfect brow when there was a lack of response and questions, "Are you gonna say something or not?"

Giovanni grips the arm of his chair as he reaches to a conclusion. His wary gaze wander around the room as if he was searching for a confirmation to keep on going.

Oh god. Don't say it. Don't say it.

He hasn't opened his mouth to speak, yet I knew that only unwise words will come out of his lips.

Giovanni looks at Theo hesitantly, but quickly returns to his annoying, smug expression. I was quick to note the tremble on his lips as he begins to speak. I part my lips and form them into a devious smirk as I break through his facade.

He was scared. Scared of Theo. And it was quite funny.

"Because she'll bring danger to this pack," he says with a surprisingly confident tone. "One death for the guaranteed lives of many."

I hear a low growl rumble from behind me and also feel Theo's grip on my shoulder tighten.

No one gathered up the courage to speak, gasp, or even agree with him. No one. And I mean no one, speaks of a mate's death right in front of them. It was an unspoken rule. The simple idea of dying angers them.

I gape at Giovanni. This guy must really hate me!

Everyone painstakingly waits for Theo's response.

As I expected of him, he stayed poised. If it was any other Alpha, I would have anticipated chairs breaking and punches being thrown. An icy glare was the only thing that indicated Theo's temper slowly trickling away.

A part of me wanted to see a fuming Theo, but I told myself I'd regret that.

"She will stay and everyone will give her the respect she deserves," he starts. My heart flutters at his statement. He eyes Giovanni. "You will serve your Luna. You will protect her. You will support her unconditionally and will obey her commands without a say. You will respect her.