31

t h i r t y - o n e| a l e x a n d r i a
___

"You look like a disco ball," I tell Celestina with her silver and glitter dress.

"And you look like a rat," she retorts with a roll of her eyes.

I had barely woken up since I helped Theo with the paperwork last night and ended up goofing around. Counting down, I had 4 hours left to prepare and 2 hours for travel.

I pop open a can of soda before leaving the kitchen.

I was about to make my way to my room when giggles and laughter reaches my ears. A hand tugs on  my shirt and I almost choke from the fabric, but I stop myself from kicking whoever it was.

I turn around and unintentionally growl at the group of children. They didn't cower in fear like I intended and only bursts in fits of laughter as if they were having the time of their lives.

"You guys are so cute. I want to lock you up in my room and play hide and seek and leave you in my closet for forever.....," I mumble.

Approaching the children, I fake a smile and release a playful growl. They run away, laughing their asses off, oblivious to my previous intentions.

It was a good thing. I didn't want angry mobs of parents protesting and throwing weeds at me.

I fix my shirt and soon, I was inside the walls of our room.

Theo quickly did my hair, leaving it in loose curls and a simple half up, half down. I was gonna go through the lazier end and just straighten my hair when Theo volunteered. It was a "brother thing," he said.

I was just glad his styling skills wasn't as bad as his cooking.

To complete the finishing touches, he secures the two strands of hair together with a rose gold flower clip.

"Whatever happens, make sure you don't lose it, you promise?" he makes sure to add.

I give him a nod and beam at him. "Promise. Thank you, Theo."

He gives me one last smile before leaving the room to do some office work, his own outfit hanging off one arm.

About an hour and a half later, I was finished with my makeup and I quickly slipped into the dress as carefully as I could.

The dress accentuated my waist just how I liked it. I sure was happy when the dress didn't feel itchy against my sensitive skin.

"Theo!" I yell at him through the mind link.

"What?"

"Come hereee," I whine to him. Grabbing a red rose from the vase, I swiftly sit on the edge of the bed with my legs crossed over each other. Making sure the stem didn't have any thorns, I place the rose between my teeth.

"Why do I have the feeling that I'm about to see some lewd strip show?"

I ignore him and sooner than later, his footsteps and captivating scent enters my senses. Speedily, I place the back of my hand and arch my back dramatically.