17

17| a l e x a n d r i a
___

I take a bite of my favorite mocha cake and eat my favorite spaghetti dinner—like a normal person. I drink the cup of water after—just like the everyday person.

I sip on the cup full of poison that made me more insane by the minute like it was normal. I smile and sigh in content just like how every other person does after eating a refreshing full meal.

But normal was a privilege I couldn't have.

Suddenly, my smile drops and my lips begin to quiver, a sob threatening to escape. I hiss out and let the tears drop down my cheeks until the familiar taste of saltiness reaches my lips.

"I—," I spout.

I wanted to shift. I wanted to prance around the room. I wanted to punch a wall. I wanted to do something—to move.

But I couldn't.

So I bring my trembling handcuffed hands and chained wrists to my hair and grip it tightly, then scream silently— a scream only to be heard by the four walls that caged me.

I gasp and subconsciously grip the sheets of the unfamiliar bed. Meanwhile, my eyes dart around the black walls, as well as the gold and white hints of stationaries and furniture.

A lavender fragrance tells me that it was Theo's room and I quickly wipe off the unreleased tears in my eyes.

I hope no one saw.

Then, my eyes land on a mop of long brown hair and muscle. A pool of honey orbs glare at mine deeply as Beta Felix crosses his arms across his chest.

Fuck.

I bring myself up and lean on the back of the bed before continuing the eyeing contest.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I try to communicate. Don't tell Theo. Don't tell Theo. Don't tell Theo.
Unfortunately for me, mind linking was an ability only official higher ups were gifted in.

In return, Felix narrows his eyes as well and his gaze remains fixated on me. Luckily, before the eyeing contests lasts for much more, the sound of the doorknob twisting has the Beta and I turning our heads.

The door opens and my gorgeous mate enters my line of sight. I frown when I feel Beta Felix's burning gaze on me.

I welcome Theo with a warm smile and he returns the favor. He leads himself to me and sits on a chair beside his bed, a tray with soup and a cup of water on his lap.

"Ahh," he drags on after blowing on the spoon full of soup.

I open my mouth and grin as he feeds me nonchalantly.

"Cute stitches," Theo points out as take another sip.

"Just like it's owner," I retort arrogantly.

With an amused smile, Theo says, "Suddenly I don't find them cute anymore."

He raises the spoon to my mouth again and I take a mouthful of the soup.