24

t w e n t y - f o u r|a l e x a n d r i a
___

After my short walk with Theo, I immediately went back to my wonderful bed while he went off to his tedious duties.

I was able to nap for an hour or two until Felix's violent knocking woke me up. He greeted me with a dissatisfied grunt and narrowed eyes before dragging me to the weight room.

So here I was: picking up weights like Celestina directed me to.

Out of all the activities Celestina chose for today, she chose weightlifting. I'd rather sprint the whole day for Christ's sake!

Anyways, as expected, I couldn't lift anything heavier than 5 piles of book on my hands.

I groan as Celestina hands me a 45 lbs dumbbell.

And here I was, thinking that Emilio was the evil twin.

"Pick up the weight, Alex," Celestina tells me with her 500th sigh.

My arms drop to the ground due to the weight, but I keep the smirk on my face and huff out, "The only thing I'll pick up is your love for me, Celestina."

"You really flatter me," she drawls out sarcastically.

"Good to know," I beam at her and clasp my hands together. "Now, if you just let me leave—."

"Nuh uh," she says, clicking her tongue and smiling. "The only time you can leave is the moment you can finally carry a weight the average human can."

I chuckle. "Hun, my back already hurts from carrying the stress you're giving me. Just let me go, Goddess!"

She chuckles and with sarcasm dripping in her voice, she adds excitedly, "If humans can do it, you can do it, too!"

"You already know that the only thing I'll ever do is you," I retort with an exaggerated wink.

She shakes her head and smiles, flipping her hair simultaneously.

Then, Celestina opens her mouth to say something when a growl rudely disrupts her. The other women around me working out stops their movements and stares at the intruder. I, on the other hand, raise a skeptical brow.

"Say that again, Alex, I dare you," I hear Giovanni growl at out in a threatening manner.

He strides towards me with a furious gaze, but Celestina's arms stops him. I let out a cackle and he growls lowly at me.

"Alex, go," Celestina sighs out, dissatisfaction in her tone.

I smile at her, glad that my words worked. Oh my, how talented I am!

Before I leave, though, I tiptoe to meet Giovanni's height so that I was almost eye-to-eye with him.

A smirk tugs on my lips and I whisper to him loud enough for Celestina to hear, "Jealousy looks good on you."

Like I predicted, he attempts to claw at me only for Celestina's hold to stop him from doing so.

"You are so dead, Alex," he snarls and cocks his head side-to-side.