18

e i g h t e e n| a l e x a n d r i a
___

My wolf instinct pushes me to tighten my grip around Cara's neck and slam her against the wall.
The gasp that emits from her makes me smile even as I trembled one anger.

Frustrated tears fill my eyes and blur my eyesight. I grit my teeth together in an attempt to keep my emotions in check before my wolf takes complete control.

"You know," I seethe as she choked against my hold. "You're a fucking bitch."

I soften my grip, willing to hear her response. The only response I hear was a laugh that immediately turned into a fits of coughing.

"How do you think Theo will react if I tell him about what you've done?" I question. Then, I release her neck and drop my hands to my side in a form of a fist.

Her lips curve into a mocking smile and it feeds my bitterness.

Someone must really want to die.

"Who do you think Theo will believe more?" She instigates. "His soft and innocent little sister or some overbearing stranger who can't keep her temper in check.?"

"Soft and innocent my ass," I dryly laugh out.

She ignores me and continues with a smug expression, stating, "Do you really think Theo will ever believe you? You were a rogue, for God's sake! Do you even know anything about this pack? Anything about any of us? Anything about Theo?!
Ask yourself, when has anyone ever trusted you with anything?"

I clench my jaw as her words sent a stab to my heart. The headache in my head that's been showing it's presence since earlier pulsed more painfully than the one before. All this was contributing to my growing frustration. I hiss out as I force myself to keep my tears in.

When she didn't hear a response from me, she proceeds, "Reality check, Alexandria, you'll never be good enough. But it's not like you try to be good enough anyways. Ian says you were an arrogant little girl, by the way."

I scoff and breath out, "How would you know?"

"Oh trust me, I know everything," she mocks. "I know how you're always the second choice. Second choice to your parents. Second choice to Ian. And now, second choice to Theo. What a sad fucking life."

I fought hard not to blink and my eyesight blurs even more. I dig my fingers on the palm of my hands hard enough that I feel the stinging of a cut on my skin as as a way to keep myself together. It healed as fast as I inflicted it.

Unfortunately, Cara was trying her hardest to destroy my plan of stopping myself from killing her.

"The only time you were ever a first option was the moment your parents gave you to the rogues as a guinea pig instead of their beloved son," she cackled.

That did it. I felt hurt, embarrassed, and powerless.

Second choice.

My muscles were tense and I was shaking from anger. My jaw was clenched and my mouth felt as dry as a desert.

I bare my teeth as my surrounding seem to fade. My mind forced me to mute out everything and I was trying my best not to lash out of anger. I felt pained emotionally and physically from the throbbing in my head.