5

f i v e| a l e x a n d r i a
___

I wake up, feeling more at ease than ever.

Now that my brain was working, I noticed the splash of black and white that occupied the room. Hints of dark red specked the large space. I grinned, enjoying the elegant and lavish interior.

I unwrap myself from the blankets I have cocooned myself in and jump off the bed, reminding myself to steal one for myself if I had the time to do so. 

I give myself a quick stretch to shake off the grogginess. A lopsided smile tugs on my lips and energy thrums within me.

Today was one of my good mornings.

No matter how much I hated the process of waking up in the morning, I loved mornings. I doted the idea of being able to accomplish something. Nighttime always settled with me feeling regret and failure, the lack of accomplishment eating me away. Mornings gave me the chance to fulfill something.

I shamelessly open the door of Theo's empty room and grab a black hoodie from his closet.

Then, I exit the room, inhaling my mate's intoxicating scent. His scent manages to drive me crazy but it also made me feel serene. This could be those therapy lotions from bath and body works.

I searched for any signs of werewolf presence and received none.

Great.

It was time to steal.

I reach out my hand to grab a fully gold carousel music box on the table, but retract them quickly when footsteps reaches a my senses.

I face the suspect and forge an angel-like smile on my face. Or so I thought.

"I'm gonna choose to ignore what you just tried to do so you owe me one," the blondie from last night mutters.

What was his name? Leo? Miller? Emmy? Emily? Emilio?

"I suggest you take back those last words," I phrase. "Don't want a dislocated bone now, do we?

"Great. We've got two wicked people under one roof. Werewolfkind is officially over. The Moon Goddess really let the demons loose," he loudly says under his breath with the intention of letting me hear.

"Hell's been long empty. Guess where they went?"

"Here apparently."

"Lovely."

Emilio runs his hand throw his soft, shiny hair. "Everyone's out training, if you're wondering."

I nod and keep my hands clasped behind my back. I was itching to steal and I did my best to hold myself back. "Thanks."

"Follow me and try to not steal anything," he says as he eyes me with his blue orbs.

"Aye, aye captain."

For the rest of the journey, I follow in silence. My social battery was already dying and the day has barely even started.

Great.

I use the silence as an opportunity to observe. I notice Emilio take larger and faster strides as seconds passed by, eager to end the awkward atmosphere that clouded the both of us.  He refused to look back where I was as if scared that I'd catch him staring. Still, when I moved to his side as we paced down the stairs, his eyes wondered to me, inspecting me.