33

t h i r t y - t h r e e| a l e x a n d r i a
___

24 hours.

They told me that's how long I've been asleep and kept captive in this old-style castle. Right after they dragged me to this room, they knocked me out once again after I created a huge ruckus.

That's a long ass sleep.

However, I was more than happy that they locked me up in this spacious room with a comfy bed and a bathroom instead of a cell with a rotten stench.

Wow, I'm so privileged.

I rip off the IV and hiss when I felt the tape pull on my skin. Stepping off the bed, I struggle to hold myself up, feeling drowsy and my mind was completely blank.

Blinking away the fatigue, my eyes dart all over the vast room, searching for any way to escape.

"No windows," I grumble after examining the bathroom. I plop myself on the edge of the bed and massage my temples, my head aching.

I felt like I was being drugged.

The image of Theo's annoying, yet charming face enters my thoughts. I wanted to be in his arms, hugging the shit out of him, and teasing him.

"Theo," I try even though I already knew I wouldn't be able to mind link anyone. Despite knowing this, I couldn't help but frown at the lack of response.

Think, Alex. Who would have done this?

Trying to recall my memory, I was brought back to reality by a painful throb in my head.

I kick away the heels off my feet and finally acknowledge the holster that was wrapped around my ankle. Disgusting blisters appear on my skin.

Grabbing the small, rectangular jewelry box out of its confinement, curiosity got the better of me and I painstakingly open the box.

"Oh," I breath out. I lift an amused brow and scoff. "Wow."

No expensive necklaces this time.

It was even better.

For the the first time, I thank my luck as I drag a finger over the silvery throwing spikes. It was shaped into needles, aimed to be thrown to maim the enemy just like a throwing knife or a dart.

"The world did me good this time," I mutter to myself, amazed by its shiny exterior.

Light footsteps reach my eardrums and I quickly slip the box back in its place. Using the dress to cover the holster, I calmly snapped by head towards the opened door and gave the two specimens my most heartwarming smile.

One of them was taller than the other. His face was rather mean-looking and a tattoo ran across his bicep. The tight shirt he had on didn't help in hiding his bulging muscles. The other person next to him appeared more frail and was clearly shorter. They shared the same features.

But I shouldn't be underestimating these people.

"Care to share the reason of your presence here, gentlemen?" I question them with the sweetest voice I could muster.