2

t w o| a l e x a n d r i a
___

I don't like how his hair looks.

Should I just kill him?

I twist and flick the dagger in my hand, realizing that about 20 wolves surrounded me. They all looked equally pissed. Oh man.

I chuckle. "It's just me, guys? Normal me, same beautiful girl. Remember?"

No response. Taking a steady step back, I continue. "C'mon y'all! This is the 4th year we've been buddies! Are we not in good terms? How about we go get some drinks? My treat!"

Jerik, the chief warrior, gives me an unamused growl and takes a few steps forward.

Finally, he speaks, "It's you again, you annoying piece of shit."

Damn. That kinda hurts. I frown and let out a small, "Ouch."

"This time, I'll catch you. And when I do, I'll make sure you'll live a long long long time in agony," Jerik avowed. His eyes flashed with joy and newfound interest.  "You are so fucking irritating, do you not know? You infuriate me!"

I gulp, but flash him a nervous smile.

Well, someone's mad.

You know, in this situation, you'd expect that the main lead would charge, secure victory, and maybe earn some scratches or even a blow to the head. Then, some prince Charming will save his lovely damsel in distress and even release some tears of sadness. Boo hoo.

Sadly, I'm not so brave and talented. But you know what I was good at?

Running.

So I did.

But not before I throw the dagger at Jerik, aiming at his leg to make sure I don't assassinate anyone. Believe it or not, I consider him my close friend despite our mishaps.

Hit and run, baby!

I flip him off and sprint out before the others could react.

The same routine continues for 10 minutes until a familiar tree enters my vision. Gasping for air, I felt for my bow and quiver, holding it to my cheek and cooing it, "My little babies."

I continue to run.

This sure is fun.

My compelling mate infiltrates my mind and it annoyed even me. I was irritated by myself for getting so obsessed for someone I barely met.

His dark hair, vibrant grey eyes, that chiseled jaw, and oh my, those full, sultry lips that made even me jealous. How could I be so lucky? The simple act of thinking about him made my heart beat erratically. I imagined how his hugs would feel and how his hair would feel in between my fingers.

Then, a familiar ugly voice disrupts me from my train of thoughts. "SHE'S THERE! IDIOTS! JUST CAPTURE HER!"

I crane my neck to look back. There, in the void space, was Jerik. Limping. Dried blood clung to his old and withering skin.