10

t e n| a l e x a n d r i a
___

Roaring, deafening music blasts throughout the house.

Drunk, sweaty dancing werewolves and the simple presence of people was revolting to me.

I thought of just leaving the party and take my rest instead, but the ear-splitting music and drunk chatter made it impossible. It was starting to give me a headache and all I wanted to do is leave.

I grit my teeth as I watch people dance and sway to the music without a single fuck in the world.

Suddenly, the music halts. I sigh out, relieved that my ears could finally take a break. It was starting to give me a migraine.

Like a switch, people transform quickly from their woozy state to one that replicated a focused pack member. They all look up at where Theo and the others stood.

With his shoulders rolled back and his chest up, his eyes travel over the waves of people until they landed on me.

Damn, his eyesight must be wonderful.

He opens his mouth to speak. "As all of you know, hours prior, my Head Warrior, Talia challenged Alexandria to a duel for the Luna position. The dispute ended in Alexandria's favor. Talia will, however, remain Head Warrior unless anyone objects. In addition, I formally announce Alexandria a pack member of the Royal Crimson Pack!" he declares and tilts the glass of wine so that it gave him a taste of its own bitterness.

The room immediately broke out in whispers, dying to release their thoughts and feelings.

Seriously, do they not see that I'm right next to them?

Theo waits for the talking to stop before speaking once again. Noticing his patient and stony expression, the whispers quickly ceased.

Theo raises the glass of wine up in the air in triumph, "To my mate and future Luna!"

There was a series of wack ass 'woos' and applauds as they accepted me, some approving and others disapproving their Alpha's decision.

A smile tugs on Theo's lip as he raised the glass to his lip once again and takes a sip, his eyes still trained on me.

I scoff in disbelief.

Sooner than later, Theo and the others leave the stage. Emilio's releases a wild 'hurrah!' as he departs and enters the crowd like a drunkard. Without further ado, the music and the dancing begin.

Clearly, this wasn't a celebration party for me. It was a party at a club for a bunch of wild as careless teenagers.

I huff and cross my arms, glaring at wolves who weren't even looking at me. Deciding that I should just leave, I make my way out of the room and to the terrace I saw previously.

"Finally," I whisper, releasing a sigh.

I sit on a chair and enjoy the calming air despite the blasting music in the background.

As I take a deep breath in, I close my eyes and relax.

Tranquility was a gift I wish I was given. The running and troublemaking made me appreciate the art of peace. People, no matter who, needs a break every once in a while. It allows us to think and reflect on ourselves