30

t h i r t y| a l e x a n d r i a
___

Right now, we were currently eating in Theo's office.

Mason's arrival had caused us to miss lunchtime and Theo was too softhearted to ask the chefs to cook for us.

So instead, Emilio, like the "kind" and "great" person he is, took the liberty of cooking breakfast for lunch.

Theo pulls the chair I was sitting on closer to his, throwing an arm over my shoulders.

"Why are we sitting on the chair and you're not?" Emilio grumbles at Theo and I, pouting to himself. Scarlett rolls her eyes and pulls his ear.

Emilio only releases a squeaky yelp before returning to his plate.

I stare at the somewhat okay-looking fried eggs and sausages on my plate. I was about to take a bite of my own when Theo's words stop me.

"Is this expired?" he questions blatantly, painfully swallowing the food down his throat.

"I'm totally not offended," Emilio mutters. Raising the fork to his mouth, it barely touches his lips before he retracts it. "Not at all—."

"This is shit!" Mason blurts out. He keeps his tongue stuck out and was quick to drink his glass of water as if it was in fire.

"You're shit," Emilio retorts. He musters up all his strength to glare at the frantic redhead. Emilio turns his head to his mate. "Is it really that bad?"

"It's decent," she assured him with an uneasy smile. After seeing the pout on Emilio's face, Scarlett releases a cough, but eats her meal to prove her point. I hold back a laugh when her face contorts into one of disgust.

Emilio smiles at her and proudly says, "I knew you were the love of my l—."

"It's horrible," Felix bluntly grumbles out. Still, he carries on with his eating despite its rotten taste.

Suddenly, I'm not hungry anymore.

After I push the plate away from me, I watch Theo continue to eat the awful food nonetheless. Resting his head on one hand, he munched the food in a bored banner.

I cringe at the silence since people were too busy fighting their own battles with their taste buds and stomachs.

That was until I feel a nudge on my shoulder and I look at Theo's fake smile with a frown.

"Ahhh," he drawls, raising his fork in front of my face like I was some fucking baby.

"No."

"Babe, you're gonna starve," he sighs out and feigns a frown. Still, he manages to exhibit the mischievous glimmer in his grey orbs.

"Awww, babe, I'm on a diet. Especially when I have a party to prepare for in 24 hours," I tease him back.

"But darling, eggs give you protein, which will give you the vibrant and smooth skin you're yearning for," he continues, a flirty smile on his face.

"Mi amor, I'm afraid the huge amount of salt in his cooking will make me salty and bitchy for tomorrow's event," I flirt back and bat my eyes at him.