Chapter 20

Andrei's POV

Prettier women...

All used up...

Get an abortion...

My harsh words continuously run through my head over and over while a lay still in my cool, now empty bed.

Watching her run away from me; scared and teary-eyed, made me start to regret I had said to her. I can't sleep because of what of those words now. Words that I chose to say.

But the more I think about her, more regret begins to seep in. Even though we were never in a relationship, I wish I never slept with Amelia or any of those other women on that trip. None of them were prettier than her. Skylar will always be the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on.

"Fuck!" I yell, sitting up in bed and running my hands through my hair. Remembering she's pregnant with my child suddenly has me pacing throughout my large room.

I march into the bathroom and splash my face with cold water in attempt to cool my thoughts. But no, she's still there.

With a loud groan, I walk back out into the bedroom and pull on a hoodie and sweats. I stuff my phone into my pocket, slip on some sneakers, then leave.

I'm need to talk to her, tell her I'm sorry. I know she won't forgive me, hell, I hope she doesn't. But if I don't, I won't be able to live with myself.

I need her. I need both of them.

Eventually, I reach the maids quarters. The first thing my eyes land on are her door which I then quietly make my way up to. Hope she's in here...

At first, I knock three times. They're gentle, but loud enough the foyer echos it. I wait a few moments, listening for the sound of her footsteps: nothing.

"Skylar," I say and knock again, louder this time. "Please open the door. I want to talk to you."

I listen again, but still hear nothing but the sound of the heater blasting through the large space.

"Alright," I finally say. "I guess you leave me no choice."

I first attempt to turn the knob on the door, but it's locked, of course. With a heavy sigh, I hip bump the door in one swift motion, and the weakness of it causes it to fly open.

"Skylar!" I call out when I step into the cool room. I notice her maid uniforms sprawled out messily amongst the two sets of bunkbeds along with the few other clothes she owned. But still no Skylar.

But then I make my way into the bathroom and all my questions are suddenly answered. The small window over the sink, wide open with it's screen laying on the ground next to some broken makeup pallet.

My heart begins hammering inside my chest as I peer out the window and see her tracks embedded in the fresh layer of snow...

Wait..

Tracks!

Hurriedly, I fish my phone out of my pocket and pull up Dimitri's number, pressing 'call' right away.

"What?" A slightly annoyed voice answers. Dimitri's always been sarcastic and quiet frankly, a bastard. But I ain't putting up with his bullshit right now.

"Watch your fucking tone next time or you'll be six feet under, and I can't guarantee you'll be dead," I warn and his usual chuckles quickly silence. "Skylar's escaped," I finally say and he somehow seems to go quieter.

"Alright." Is the only thing he says for a few moments. "I've notified the men on perimeter patrol and a search party is heading out right now. Where are you?"