Chapter 4

Vivian P.O.V

I couldn't sleep that night thinking about my "Dragon form" , to say I was afraid is an understatement .I always knew I was different but changing into another creature is something I never imagined even in my wildest dreams. I had a million questions in my mind with no one to answer them at that very moment.

As I was deep in the pit of my thoughts I sensed a presence, at first I wasn't sure whether it was infront or the back of the cabin, but I could sense that it was not inside. I thought maybe it was an animal and I stood from the bed and looked outside through every window. I saw nothing ,not even a small shadow.

I started to get  worried because I could sense that there was a living creature around the cabin somewhere. I knew it was not Ivana, Celeste nor Dominic but it was something else. The person or thing had a very heavy and dark energy  and I was starting to panic.

After finding nothing through the window I decided to go hide inside the covers. Just as I was heading for the bed I heard a heartbeat and I halted my steps, the heartbeat was inside the cabin and I was very sure of it but no matter how hard I looked my sight found nothing. I started to panic but as quick as it started it vanished along with the heavy presence.

I ran to my bed, covered myself completely and prayed to the heavens. I stayed up for hours but whatever it was  never came back. And I thanked God.

Eventually I drifted off to sleep but my dreams were plagued with different scenes of me shifting into a Dragon. Morning took longer than I expected to come and by the time I woke up my brain was on steroids and my heart was  heavier than a bag of cement.

I jumped off the bed, washed my face and brushed my teeth, and YES I did not bother to take a shower since I wanted answers immediately . I put on my blue skinny jeans and red t- shirt ,I didn't dress formal at all.

I rushed off my cabin to the direction of Ivana's shop hoping she was already opened since it was 8:00am already. I was also planing to ask if I still had my job after that whole drama. But could she blame me though , its not like I knew who I really was and who my father was, my mother kept it from me.

I was not angry at my mother but I was disappointed at her. I thought she was an honest , courageous and trustworthy woman, I mean I thought she told me everything and me and her were best friends but I guess we don't know people as well as we think we do.

And speaking of my mother,I had not spoken to her after the whole conversation with Ivana and Celeste because  I was not ready to confront her yet, I was still hurt and I knew myself well enough not to speak to her until I cool down since I might do or say something stupid and  regret later on.

I might be many things but I love my mommy and deep down I think I have an understanding of maybe there is a good reason behind her keeping all of it from me.

As I was walking a pool of tears started flowing down my cheeks  and I stopped, I was still in the pathway in the forest and I was alone , so I broke down to my knees and cried, I cried for everything.

I cried because I was lied to all my life, because I never had the chance to have my father around during my childhood, because I was scared of the world I was getting into and I was crying because even through I wish this was just a horrible joke.

It was not.

Yes it was all real and it was happening to me, I don't think I was ready even though I might have showed a brave face to my landlord and Ivana the previous night. Also at the time the gravity of the situation had not fully sunk inn properly.

I was still processing all of it and I hoped Ivana might have some answers for me because I was not only there to just ask about my employment status, I was also planning to ask her some questions about this whole Dragon world I found myself being part of.

So I collected myself and continued on my way to the crystal shop. I arrived just in time as she was opening the store, she invited me in and once inside she offered me a seat and a cup of coffee, she was very nice unlike the last time I was here and I was starting to like this side of her since  it felt like she was not faking it.

We exchanged greetings and I started asking my first question, the question that has been nagging me all night.

" how can a human turn into a Dragon? I mean that's supposed to be impossible right and is it not painful like in the werewolf stories in books?"
-Vivian

OK fine it was one than one question.

" its not painful at all only a tiny bit on your first shift but if you practice it eventually becomes painless our transition is done by old magic even I don't understand it. If you want to learn more about our kind you are going to have to ask Celeste, my job is to teach you our magic".
-Ivana

"Ok sorry"
-Vivian

She struck me as the no nonsense type of teacher, so I zipped my mouth and continued to drink the hot beverage in my hands.

"You can have your job back I need someone to help me around here"
-Ivana

" Really?Thank you so much, I'm sorry about yesterday its just that I don't like it when people say bad stuff about my mommy. "
-Vivian

I was happy to have my job back. I was starting to get worried that I came here for nothing.

" Don't worry I  would never hold anything against you"
- Ivana

We spend the rest of the day with her teaching me about crystals and their magical properties.

I also found out that Dragons use different stones for magic and trading with other creatures in Otherworld since  the Dragon lands are full of beautiful exotic stones. The day went better than I ever expected.

*****************************************

Ivana P.OV

The youngling came by my shop just as I was opening, I could smell her dry salty tears she must have been crying on her way here. I wanted to say something comforting but no words came to mind. I felt sorry for the young girl, to find out that all your life has been nothing but a lie must be devastating and very confusing on a young mind.

My brother left a mess behind him and I hope there is a light at the end of this dark cave he put us all in. I swear when I see him I'll bite him in one of his wings. 

I have not told Vivian that I'm her aunt, I'm afraid that if I mention our relation I might have to explain about her grandparents and why they are not with us. Our family has a long history with many secrets that I do not think the young lady can handle at the moment.

In time she will know about her family secrets and heritage. I just hope she will be ready to fulfil her duties.