Chapter 19

Vivian P.O.V

I was confused, what was occuring was not yet registering in my mind. It all felt like some dream and I didn't know if I should call it sweet or a plain nightmare. By the time the face sucking stopped I was already dizzy and I couldn't form any proper sentences. But I managed to say something.

" What was that all about?".
-Vivian

Of course I knew what it was about but yet I needed him to tell me, I needed his voice to tell me he did that because he wanted to be with him and he loved me. I didn't know why I felt I needed all of that from him , I mean I barely knew the man and yet I needed him to love me, to be gentle with me , to tell me and to be what I wanted.

" You are mine and I want to mark you so badly. Please promise me that you will never leave my side, I know I'm not the ideal mate but I will try my best always."
- Alrick

I was shocked at what I was hearing, I didn't know where all this romantic and gentle Alrick was coming from and it was kinda cute.

" You need to stop treating me like a child, I'm supposed to be your equal. Stop making decisions for me and manipulating me to get whatever you desire."
- Vivian

"All that I have done is for us,I want to create a greater future for us, yes my methods are not the best but please try to understand the reason behind my actions."
- Alrick

Seeing this side of him awakened feelings I didn't know I possessed for the man and all of it was starting to get to mutch for me but I didn't want to push him away.

" You need to include me in your plans that's all I'm asking and we will take it from there. We are mates so you need to trust me so that I can also be able to do the same with you. I don't hate you but your actions have made me fear and distrust you."
- Vivian

" For that I'm sorry, I truly am. Now can we start on a clean slate."
-Alrick

His apology was genuine I could feel it and I decided to give him another chance since I believe in second chances. I tried to excuse myself and claimed to be hungry but he refused to let me leave and ordered the maid to bring me food in his lounge.

I was surprised that the kitchen was still operating during those ungodly hours but it turned out they are open 24/7 since the owner of the Castle has many visitors coming and are of different species with different meal schedules.

We ate together and spoke about everything under the sun that came to our minds that night. We laughed together and It was amazing , it felt as though we knew each other for a long time.

He felt like home and I realised that he is actually a person too like the rest of us. My heart was working extra and I was happy in those few hours for the first time in weeks.

Finally I asked what has been plaging my mind for some time.

" What if the Device does not work and we lose the war?".
-Vivian

" If it does not work we meet the Dragons in the battlefield and the blood bath will be massive"
-Alrick

Things were not sounding good, I wanted to know why there was a war in the first place.

" Why now?, Why is there a war coming"?
- Vivian

" Because they know you exist, they always been afraid of me and now they know I have a mate that will give birth to my son. The next Guardian will come from our union and they a afraid of that. They will try everything to make sure that my kind ends with me even if it means killing you."
- Alrick

What he was saying to me was unbelievable and I didn't know how to react to it. Now a new fear was rising within me because all of this meant that my life was seriously in danger.

" Don't worry everyone in this Castle will protect you with their lives, and that includes me."
-Alrick

" Can't we fake my death or something?"
-Vivian

Faking my death was genius, it would buy our side some time plus me and Alrick can have a baby or two.

" I'm sure there is a spell like that somewhere. It would give us enough time to have a family by the time it comes out it would be too late. But we would need to be the only ones who know about it "
-Vivian

" I'm not sure about what you suggesting but I'll think about it, in the meantime I beg you not to tell anyone not even your parents about this."
- Alrick

I nodded and kept drinking my wine, to be honest I was happy he was even considering my plan and to me that meant he saw me as his equal.

After our meal we sat infront of the fire place and drank more wine until I fell asleep. Well you can say until I passed out.

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

I woke up the next morning in a big king sized bed with navy silk bedding. I was dressed in a long white nightdress, I didn't remember taking off my clothes and getting into the unfamiliar bed in the previous night so my level of confusion was at an all-time high.

The black double doors opened and his magesty entered in all his glory wearing his silk navy PJs.

" You are up early, I'll ask the kitchen to send up breakfast for us."
-Alrick

" Did you undress me while I was passed out? ...you know that makes you a creep right?"
- Vivian

He looked at me and pulled a very creepy smile, I found it funny and I started to laugh and he soon followed suit. Our laughter filled the room and you could smell the sweet aroma of love in the very air.

I was happy and everything was perfect . If only I knew about the hardships that lied ahead of us,  But  still I was glad to experience joy for once even if it was short lived.

😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Thanx for reading this chapter. Plz don't 4get to vote and comment. Your support strengthens me and gives me the courage to write another chapter.

@uzekile
Fable_Eloquence
CristeneMankasingh
virgosap
@uezekile
aishabxby
ALRTWRITES
gabexigon
golden_larry
GeorgeFitz

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘