Chapter 9

Vivian P.O.V

I could not wait to meet my long lost father. Even though I was scared out of my wits and I'm in this freaky new world with a man I just met in less than a week ago. My future did not look bright at all, it had a dark hue in it instead.

But I had no choice. I consoled myself by the thought of finally meeting my dad and getting to know him and I  hoped that everything  would work out for the best and we all live happily ever after.

But we all know that's wishful thinking and happy endings are a reality only in works of fiction. Judging from the direction my life had taken  I was not hopeful of any sort of happily ever after.
That was me thinking logically and not like a little human girl from Earth.

I thought of how my life took a very dramatic turn in less than seven days and became a fantasy novel. I started to understand why philosophers endorsed mindfulness, because tomorrow is not guaranteed and no one has a clue of what tomorrow looks like. I'm living testament of that.

After feeding the land my blood we gathered our wits and started walking. Dommy took out some device from his pocket which I guessed to be some kind of compass and pointed at a direction he claimed to be North West. I naively followed him since I knew nothing about the place. We walked quietly with no one saying a word to the other.

My companion was focused of keeping his senses sharp for any sign of intrusion from other creatures that might cause us harm. And I was deep in my depressive line of thought.

After what seemed like forever walking with no breaks we stopped in front of a cave opening. It was starting to get dark and we had been walking for a very long time. Surprisingly in was not tired from walking but my head was hurting from all the worrying about everything. It felt like It was going to explode  and I was very thankful when my travel partner announced that we will be spending the night at the cave we stood in front of.

Dommy instructed  me to wait while he went inside the cavern to conduct some draconian security check and  I was left with plenty of time to observe the scenery around me. He told me not to go anywhere and not touch anything since some of the plant population is poisonous or carnivorous.

I took note that  the ecosystem had changed to a very dense forest with thick old trees and plants with strange shapes and colours. I did not recognise any of the plants  and trees around me and that got me wondering what sort of animals they had in this world. That thought alone sent shivers down my spine.

It felt like a lifetime standing there alone in a dangerous unfamiliar forest and I was growing very impatient. Keeping in mind that I was attacked by an evil bird in less than 24hours. So being alone in the creepy woods near dark was not helping my PTSD in any way imaginable. I was shaking with fear of the unknown but I had to snap out of it before Dommy gets back because I do not want to be the scared little halfbreed girl he has to protect from the big scary world.

No that was not me at all. I was a kickass halfbreed bad bitch and I needed to act the part with the hopes that he does not see though my facade. So I took a deep breath and waited and I must congratulate myself for being smart enough  to do what I was told and stayed put.

The hot ass Dragon came back and assured me that it was safe for us to sleep for the night and I was beaming with happiness since it was going to be my first time sleeping after being cursed. We laid down and Dominic suggested that I sleep very close to him for protection but as I was swaying closer to him the space between my breasts started to burn.

It felt like my insides were melting and I was struggling to breathe. I held on to him but I was getting worse. Dominic stood up to get me water, but surprisingly the very second there was space between us the pain immediately stopped, it was as if it was never there and it was imaginary.

I looked up at him and I could see it in his eyes that it just clicked in his mind as to wat just occurred and it was not good at all. He stood there frozen like he had just witnessed a poltergeist and I also sat there not moving since I was also afraid at whatever shook him. 

Dominic was a calm guy who seemed like he always knew what to do in bad situations and whatever had just happened shook his Dragon bones to the deep core.

"What in the seven hells was that Dominic?.........Is the curse starting to kill me? "
- Vivian

"No , we have a bigger problem than the curse and we need to find your father soon for some answers."
- Dominic

Now I was starting to really panic

"For crying our loud, stop beating around the bush and tell me what exactly is going on for fucks sake"
-Vivian

"I think Birdboy is your mate or intended Husband. How psycho can he be to curse his own woman."
-Dominic

I froze..... Like what in the hell was he talking about.

This was not happening to me, I refused to believe it at all.

Hey guys sorry for the late update we had a bad network connection here for the past few weeks and I could not use the internet.

Luv u all. Plz comment and vote.