36 | suton

suton [ su-ton ]
n. twilight; the approach of death or the end of something.

It had to be a crime to feel this nervous. At this moment, I couldn't figure out if it was just pregnancy nausea, or if it was guilt settling at the pit of my stomach. However I felt it would be so much better if Vincenzo knew what was going on. I hated lying more than I hated my mother.

I watched as the guards began to carefully move some of my things in Vincenzo's room. The only problem that kept sprouting in my head was how I was going to manage to sneak out. It was challenging getting out of the bed because he liked to hold me so tight to the point that if he flexed his muscles, I would be without oxygen.

They made space in Vincenzo's abnormally large walk-in closet. It was mostly suits that took up the place. Not to mention the very expensive looking dress shoes. Fashion wasn't exactly my forte, so I wasn't even going to attempt to guess what kind of shoes and suits they were.

After making room, they placed all of my clothes into his closet. My heels and shoes were next. Some of them, I didn't even realize I had. If I had a dollar for how many pairs of red-bottoms I had, I'd be filthy rich.

It probably would've just been smarter to tell him that I'll move into his room tomorrow. Moving in today only seemed to add to my anxiety.

Vincenzo walked in just as they finished with my things, leaving the room as spotless as when they first began. It must be fun ordering people around to do things that we were supposed to do. I guess that's just the perks of being rich.

As they walked out, Vincenzo walked over to me. I was sitting on the bed which granted him the even better advantage of towering over me. He held out his hand for me to take. Once I slipped mine in his, he pulled me up. Now, I was standing right in front of him, my neck still craning you to look at him.

"You have no idea how happy this makes me," he stated, pulling me in for a hug. My hands wrapped around his neck as he found my waist. The amount of warmth and love that radiated off of the both of us made this position even more perfect.

"I'm happy," I told him. He pulled me impossibly closer as he just held me still. I was flushed against him and it made me feel more than happy-I was over the moon.

"And the thing with Sean," He began, causing my heartbeat to beat ecstatically in my chest, "I don't want you helping out, okay? This type of stuff gets messy quickly. Not only would it jeopardize you, but it could hurt the baby too."

This only made my heartbeat increase as I buried my face into the crook of his neck. Now, I wanted to tell him more than ever. I was scared, unsure, and wandering in unknown territory with a baby in my belly. It wasn't exactly my smartest moment to have put myself in this situation. Sadly, now it felt like there was absolutely no way out.

"I love you so much, Vince," I told him. Please forgive me. I was determined not to hurt the baby no matter what happened tonight.

He pulled away from the hug, looking into my eyes. It was like he was searching for something, and I tried so hard to keep from letting any emotion seep out.

It was like no matter what I chose, I would lose. I couldn't help the feeling of guilt for what my father had done to them. I couldn't even look Vincenzo in the eyes anymore without seeing how my father ruined everything for him in them. It was my fault that they lived this type of life. I ruined them, and I needed to fix it.

The only downside is the guilt I would feel for lying to Vincenzo. He wouldn't forgive me as easily as he's done times before. This time, it felt like if I did this-he would never forgive me.

Stepbrother | ✔︎On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara