10 | Bye Brooke

"I'm so tired," I say. Dropping my board, I lay my back on it to avoid the hot sand. It's a little past noon now and the beach is getting more crowded by the minute.

Olivia rolls her eyes at my dramatic antics. "You have been surfing for awhile."

"Skimboarding," I correct her. She waves her tan hand in the air, dismissing my statement.

A growling noise comes from my stomach, startling me. My friends look at me with their mouths hanging open.

Elea giggles, covering her mouth with her hand. "Vienna! Have you not eaten since this morning?"

I shake my head no and push myself up. "I'm getting ice cream."

"Ma'am, I think you need real food," Olivia says. She props herself up with her elbows and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Fine, fries and ice cream it is."

Olivia swats my leg with her hand. "That's not real food."

Grinning, I get up and skip towards my bag to get money. Hudson, Jaden, Axel, and Landon are messing around while some of the other guys shoot around at the other end of the court. I wave at my brother and his friends before walking towards the food trucks.

The guy in the ice cream truck hands me my vanilla cone after I pay. I thank him and he returns it with a smile. Turning around, my smile falters when I notice a figure blocking the way. "What do you want, Seth?"

He grins, looking in the direction of my friends. I take the opportunity and side step him, trying to get away as fast as possible. He catches up and pulls on my elbow.

"Who's your new friend?"

I frown, recognizing the lust in his eyes. He only ever thinks about one thing. Choosing to ignore him, I try to get away once more.

He grabs my arm again. "Vienna, I'm asking you a question. Come on."

Without thinking, I shove my ice cream into his face. "She's none of your business."

His expression morphs into surprise as ice cream drips from his nose and chin, covering up his freckles. A couple of girls look over and point at Seth, laughing. He sees them and glares at me, wiping the ice cream off with his hand. "Grow up Vienna."

I flinch, watching him stalk off. My intention wasn't to embarrass him, I just wanted him to leave me alone.

Growling noises come from my stomach again, reminding me I need to eat. Not wanting to spend anymore money, I make my way towards Hudson's bag. He's still playing basketball, so I give myself permission to take one of his sandwiches.

"Does your ice cream always end up on other people?"

Grinning, I turn my head to see Axel standing there. "Not always. You didn't end up with any on you," I reply, referring to the ice cream shop we went to last night.

He smiles, taking a seat next to me in the sand. He looks in Seth's direction and chuckles. "So what'd he do?"

My voice is muffled from stuffing a part of the sandwich in my mouth. "He wanted to know who Elea is."

His eyebrows raise in amusement as he watches me. "And that deserves getting ice cream smashed in his face?" Nodding my head at his question, I take another bite of the sandwich. "Remind me to never get on your bad side."

I wink. "You haven't done anything yet, so you're in the clear as of now," I say, tossing sand at him.

He winces ever so slightly that I begin to think I imagined it. What was that about? He catches me staring and smirks. My cheeks start to warm and I look away.