11 | Shoot Your Shot

"V, what are you wearing?" Olivia asks, holding the phone closer to her face.

I'm currently on FaceTime with Olivia and Elea as they get ready for their dates to the fair tonight. To help Elea's nerves, Olivia suggested that they make it a double date and the boys were cool with it. They of course invited me, but I refused to be that awkward person that hangs around their friends while they're on a date.

Instead, I was going to be third wheeling with my parents. Talk about options.

"Um, probably a cami top and shorts."

"Vienna!" Elea and Olivia say at the same time.

"Ha! And y'all can't do anything about it." I grin, feeling like I've won.

Elea finishes the waterfall braid on Olivia's hair and pats her shoulder. "Okay, I'm done."

"Sweet." Olivia gives Elea her phone back. Grabbing a curling wand, she gets to work on Elea's hair. "Please dress cute! There'll be so many boys there."

After propping my phone up on my desk, I start to swivel on my desk chair. "So, a cami top and shorts is cute." Olivia smacks her lips in annoyance and grabs her phone, texting someone. "What are you doing?" I ask her. She grins at me and sets her phone down, getting back to curling Elea's hair.

The door to my room opens and my mom strolls in. "What's this about you not wearing a dress tonight?"

"Thanks, Mrs. C!" Olivia shouts into the phone.

"You texted my mom!" I shout back at her, while Elea giggles.

My mom's already rustling through my closet.

"Mom, I wore a dress last weekend!" I protest.

"And you looked gorgeous in it." She continues shifting through my closet, ignoring my presence behind her. "This one should do." She pulls out a black mini dress with white and blue flowers on it. My mom shows it to the camera and Elea and Olivia squeal their yeses. I slump onto my chair in defeat. 

"No pink Vans!" Olivia says, holding up the wand in a 'you better not' gesture.

Rolling my eyes, I say, "the Old Skool's are classics." Those shoes are my favorite things to wear. Perfect for skating, running, and walking. What more could you need in a shoe?

"I'm afraid we have to let her wear the Vans. She never goes anywhere without those on," my mom says, backing me up on this one.

Beaming at my mom, I twirl around in my chair and throw my hands up in the air. "Thank you."

"I agree," Elea adds. "It's your signature accessory." Huffing, Olivia finally agrees.

"I'll see you later, girls!" my mom says to my friends. "You three look gorgeous as always!" She waves at them and leaves my room.

"I really hate you sometimes," I say to Olivia, picking the dress up to look at it. It is cute. My mom must've picked it out awhile ago, hoping one day I would wear it. Whenever I go shopping, I always end up with more graphic tees and ripped jeans.

"You know you love me!" she sing-songs.

We all finish getting ready while staying on FaceTime. I stick to my usual simple makeup look that consists of mascara and blush, while Olivia and Elea get glammed up. They go all out with their makeup, but still look natural and like themselves.

After we hang up, I head downstairs to see Hudson grabbing his wallet and phone. He's dressed in a button down shirt and khaki shorts. "You nervous?" He nods his head, rubbing his forehead. "It'll be great," I say, trying to encourage him.