28 | Date Night

"Close your eyes," Elea says before applying a nude colored eyeshadow to my eyes. "You nervous?"

That's the understatement of the century.

It's Axel. I shouldn't be nervous, but I am. Just thinking about our date tonight gives me the jitters.

"Very." I grab my necklace and pull on it while still keeping my eyes closed.

"Vienna." She pauses. "Breathe."

I let out a slow breath, trying to calm my racing heart. "Why am I so nervous?" I whine.

Elea chuckles in return. "Because you really like him. I know I felt the same way when Hudson first took me out. Heck, I still get butterflies when we're about to go on a date." I smile at that. Hudson really likes Elea and I couldn't be happier that they were working out. "You can open now."

I do as told and look in the mirror. Elea has given me a light, but elegant look for my date tonight. She's added blush, eyeshadow, mascara, and even a little bit of sparkle in my inner corner eyelids. "I love it!" I say, smiling at my reflection.

Elea leans back against my desk, smiling as well. "Yay! Now time for your outfit."

We look through my clothes together and come up with nothing.

"Now what?" I ask hesitantly, looking at the time. "We have an hour before he picks me up."

Grinning, Elea pulls out her phone. "Maybe we should call Olivia?"

I nod my head. She'll know what to do.

Olivia ended up getting sick with some type of cold, hence the reason she isn't here. To be honest I'm really sad she isn't here, but I understand she doesn't want to get anyone else sick.

Elea's phone rings and a couple of seconds later, Olivia's face appears on the screen. "Hey guys!" she croaks, still looking as gorgeous as ever.

Laughing, Elea and I move the phone so we can both fit on the screen.

"Like the makeup?" I ask Olivia, moving my face side to side to show her.

She's about to smile, but it's cut short when she sneezes, making her camera shake. "Yes, I love it! Elea, you did great!"

Elea tells her thank you and I see Olivia look over the outfit I'm currently wearing. Athletic shorts and a loose tank top. Not date material. Obviously.

"Please tell me you aren't wearing that." Olivia's eyes show her disapproval.

Elea laughs as I say, "hey! That's why we called you. We went through my closet and I don't really have anything date worthy."

Olivia smiles before blowing her nose into a tissue. "Well, I had a feeling that would happen."

I tilt my head. "Hey, hey, hey. I have some date worthy clothes."

Olivia rolls her eyes and points behind me. I turn around, finding Elea holding up a light turquoise, sleeveless dress with white flowers. My mouth falls open. I can't help but be in awe of the dress.

Elea shoves it towards me. "Your mom told us to pick out a dress for you and said she'd pay for it. So here you are! Now go change so you can show Olivia and me."

Grabbing the dress from Elea, I hug her and thank my best friends. They really are the best.

After changing, I look in the mirror, admiring the v neck and color of the dress. This is probably my favorite dress I've ever worn.

I walk back into my room and Elea's face brightens when she sees me. "Vienna! You look gorgeous! That color really makes you look extra tan."

"Let me see!" Olivia yells through the phone, ignoring her cracking voice as she talks. Elea moves the phone so Olivia can see me and she pouts. "Dude, you look so freaking beautiful. I wish I was there!"