Chapter 1

Madeline was sitting in the passenger seat of the car as her father drove. They were heading back to their hometown of Mystic Falls, after decades of not being there. The last time they had stayed in Mystic Falls was in the 1950s. Maddie looked out the window as they drove past the "Welcome to Mystic Falls."

"It's good to be back home." She said.

"Yes it is." Stefan agreed. Stefan drove through town and pulled up the boarding house. He parked the car and they got out of the car. The two of them made their way to the door and knocked on the door. Zach opened the door.

"Uncle Stefan. Maddie." He greeted. "Please, come in." Maddie and Stefan walked into the house.

"Hey Zach." Stefan said. "It's good to see you, again."

"You guys too." Zach said. Maddie and Stefan went back out to the car to get their stuff and brought it into the house.

"I made dinner for you guys." Zach said.

"Ok." Stefan said. The three of them sat at the table and started to eat.

"So Zach, how have you been?" Maddie asked.

"I'm doing well." Zach answered. "What about you guys?"

"We're doing good." Stefan replied. Zach nodded. After dinner, they cleaned everything up.

"I'm going to go unpack and then head to bed." Maddie said.

"Ok." Good night, sweetheart." Stefan said, kissing her on the forehead. "Sweet dreams."

"Good night, Dad." Maddie said. "Good night, Zach."

"Night Madeline." Zach said. Maddie grabbed her stuff and walked up the stairs, going into her room. It still looked the same as did back in the 1950s. Maybe at some point she will redecorate it. She unpacked, changed into her pajamas, got into bed.