3

"I can't believe you're going back to that hell hole," Da plops on the couch.

"It's not that bad Da!"

"Not that bad my arse. They killed your ancestors."

"Well they couldn't of killed all of them if I'm here today." I stand up to go pick up my buzzing phone.

"Don't play smart with me, you know they're a nightmare."

I grab my phone from my bed and go back into the living room. "You know you could come with me. At the beginning. I could show you how everyone besides you is over the famine."

He scoff, "Over my dead fecking body."

I roll my eyes and open my phone to see Angie texting me,

I laugh as I look up at the monster, already asleep on his reclining chair

I laugh as I look up at the monster, already asleep on his reclining chair. I open my laptop and look for flights, feeling mischievous the entire time.

•••

I get off the escalator and hear yells. After last term me and Chloe had gotten close, but so had me and the entire group. Me and Dan we're both in Political Science. Angie was just a good person. Jack was funny, and just fun to be around. Hannah just understood me, and I her. And Finn was the brother type of guy to me now, and refreshingly Scottish. Which didn't math his gay voice. They all just meant to much to me, in so little a time.

"The Emerald Isle!" Hannah shouted to me, walking to them.

"Oh shut up, will you?" I hug her.

"I'm so happy you came early! Oh we're going to have so much fun! Angie found somewhere, and it's very posh, it's by the water."

"You know I'm not english, I'm from small town Ireland. I barely have e king money to stay in a dormitory." I walk with her out the doors to her car.

"Each of us pays £1000 a month, and the owner went to Manchester too." She starts the engine, "So he already likes us."

"How many rooms?"

"5. But we're making the master an office library, so no one gets a leg up. But I voted you get your own room, so no one has to listen to you."