6

Now it was the beginning of November, the leaves were starting to change, the weather got more and more rainy. And school remained the same, but there were some new transfers who I became friends with.

Me and Dan always hit the pub after class on Fridays. Well, it was more I worked at the bar and Dan tipped me. "Ok, I have..." I look down at my watch, "7 minutes until I have to start working...shit."

"What?" Dan asks, looking at my crippling body.

"Do you like me?" I shoot my eyes up to him.

"What?" He responds, caught off guard.

"In a romantic way, do you like me?"

"N-No?"

"I need you to kiss me."

"What?" He asks, even more confused.

"Jim is over there," I say through my teeth, "And he's about to-" I watch him spot us, and walk over. Instead of waiting, I put my hand on Dans neck and pull myself to his mouth. I can tell he doesn't understand but I don't let him pull away. It's most likely sexual assault, but it's better than having to talk to Jim.

After a few seconds I let him go and mouth, "Thank you." He watches me walk into the bathroom, confused.

•••

"Where's Jack?" Angie asks, looking around. When I'm on a shift they all sit at the bar with me.

"Maybe he finally had a hot date," Finn seggests. "I did always think he was gay."

Chloe laughs, "You can tell that to Marissa Franklin. God, they were two peas in a pod. It was nauseating really."

"I saw him walking out of the bar though," Hannah takes a sip of her Gin & Tonic.

"Maybe he got scared after your kiss," Angie suggests, laughing.

"Well, it was a pretty heated kiss," I joke, leaning on the sink just under the countertop.

"Bloody hell..." Dan puts his beer down.

"What? Did it feel good?" I ask him, lifting my shoulders jokingly.

He stands up, looking stressed. "I have to go." We all watch him put a 20 pound on the counter, and rush out of the bar.

"What do you think that was about?" I ask the remaining group, wiping down the counter. They all shrug. I'm called to somewhere else at the bar for a drink order.

•••

"Morning," I rub my eyes walking into the kitchen where Jacks on his laptop, probably doing something for Uni.

"Morning. I forgot to make you tea this morning, sorry."

I open the refrigerator door in habit for something to eat. I close it when I register what he says. "You're the one who makes tea every morning."

He looks up at me, "You don't like coffee..."

I smile, and get out a tea bag, "Aren't you just Prince Charming." He scoffs and looks back at his laptop.

Dan enters the doorway, and then walks right back out. I grab his wrist, "Dan! Come on!"

"Em, I don't have the energy."

"Dan," I pull him back in the kitchen. "You need to talk to me someday."

"Not today."

I run to the doorway before he can reach it, "No, we're doing this right now."