10

I throw him his button down shirt, "What if he saw?!" He catches it.

I roll my eyes, "If he did he'll say something."

"And what if he tells everyone?" He walks over to me and hands me my dress. This has been the third time we had accidentally walked into Dans room in the state we were. Last time he wasn't there, but this time, he was.

"Then everyone will know," I shrug, putting it over my head.

"Are you ready for that?"

I turn around and move my hair for him to zipper my dress, "I mean. It's about time."

"Yeah but," I turn back around to him. "I feel like if we tell everyone we will just be people who publicly like each other, and not, dating."

"Yeah," I sigh. "I know."

Then someone knocks on the door, "Hey, um. Guys?" Dan's uneasy voice says.

Jack laughs, "You can come in, Dan."

The door gradually opens, "H-Hey. I just, um, wanted to say that I'm not going to, uh, tell anybody i-if you don't want me to." He akwardly stands there for a second.

"Thanks mate." Jack says.

I scoff, "Alright, just ask."

He takes a breath and steps in further, "H-How long have you been-"

"Dating? 3 ½ months," I answer.

"Sleeping together? A month and a half," Jack adds.

"Really? And, no one knows..." He says it more as a statement, so I don't correct him. "I feel like you walked in before."

"N-no..." I say rationally.

"Oh, alright," He takes a step back. "I'll let you get back to...whatever..."

As the door shuts I silently laugh. "Why are you laughing now?" He nudges me.

"I mean. Come on! We were so close. I swear we're not going to make it a week without everyone knowing."

We made it 4 weeks, actually. And only 2 people knew.

"I washed that military green sweater for you. I thought you would want it for your aunt."

He stands for a second to smile at me and puts his nose back in the fridge door, with his dorky glasses on. "Thank you, darling."

"You're welcome," I scrunch my shoulders as I continue to move the sausages on the sizzling pan. "Do you want a sausage?" I look over at him. He closes the door with an orange in hand.

"Are they done?" He looks over my shoulder.

"A few are, over there," I point the spatula at a pile of sausages on the counter.

He uses his thumb and index finger to grab one, "This is hot," he tries to breath in to cool down his mouth. I laugh and he rolls his eyes.

"I love you," he says with a mouth full of food, as he bows his head to kiss me.

"I love you too," I go on my top toes to kiss him. We quickly do, and he goes out the swinging kitchen door. I stand cooking for a minute smiling, then I realize.

I take the heat off my sausages, and start to run out the swinging door with socks, jeans, and a flowy shirt on.

It seems he had the same idea since we meet halfway, between the living room and the front door, "You said it!" We say to each other.