17

"Oh, please do come home. Our family is falling apart without you," I see Molly's face scrunch.

I scoff, shuffling my papers. Micheal had passed a few months ago by now. But, now that the inhabiter of the home wasn't there to inhabit it, me and Daniel were left to figure out the logistics of it. And now I had gotten attached, and I couldn't find a way to get back to London. "I'm not apart of the family Molly," I look back at her face on my laptop screen.

"But you so are! Daddy won't stop asking Jack about you. The girlfriend he's with fails in comparison. And you're a bridesmaid! You have to come!"

"What do you think is going to happen? I'm going to come home, and from across the room we make eye contact and realize how in love we still are?"

"You said it not me."

I laugh, "Molly! My life is here now."

"I don't believe that for one second. You hate it there! Tell me you don't."

"I don't!" I insist, laughing.

"You're laughing!"

"Because you're making me laugh!" I try to calm down, I look back up at her. "I can't go home. I don't know what to do with my house..."

"Sell it?"

"It's my childhood home."

"The same childhood home that a million bad thing's have happened in? Like the death of basically your entire family?"

I shake my head, "Molly. If your family misses me so much, then they probably don't want me there. Jack won't want me there."

"Fuck Jack," she flicks her hand. "He's the bastard who stupidly broke up with you."

"Well..."

She gasps, "Did you break up with him? Is that why he was so gloomy? Never mind, you can tell me at my wedding."

I scoff, "I can't be a bridesmaid, I need to try on the dress."

"I'll fly you out, for both the dresses and the wedding. You're my sister!"

"Not anymore."

"You are my sister," her face goes stern.

I angrily sigh, "Fine! Fine! I'll come."

"Thank you! Oh my god it wouldn't be the same with out you, darling."

"Yeah, yeah. But you know my father would be having a fit if he found out I was in the same proximity as a royal. It's even worse she's a Princess."

"Oh please. Eugene will never get her way to the crown."

"Well there you go jinxing your friend..."

She laughs, "Our dresses appointment is in 2 weeks."

"Alrigh-I'm sorry what? 2 weeks? Jesus Christ Molly you're telling me now?"

"I've been trying for 3 bloody months!"

I laugh when I see the door behind Molly open, "What are you doing in here?" Mr. Whitehall asks her. His voice bringing back the comfort of having a parent figure left.

"I'm phoning Y/N," She turns around. "Would you like to say Hello?"

He comes walking to the computer screen, "How is her face up there?"

"It's a FaceTime call, Daddy."

"So you can call people, while seeing their face?" His eyes squint, Molly nods her head. "Well you might as well just go and see the bloody person." He kicks Molly off the chair. "Hello, Y/N. Where are you?"

I look behind me to see the rainy Irish Easter day behind me, "Oh, I'm at home, in Ireland."

"What are you doing there?"

The door opens again and in comes Hillary, "Is that Y/N?"

Micheal turns around, "Yes. Come say hello, you remember Mrs. Whitehall."

"Fondly," I smile.

She waddles over, "Hello darling. Where are you?"

"She's in Ireland Mummy," Molly answers, annoyed at how her parents hijacked our call.

"Are you living there?" Hillary asks me.

"For the time being, yep. I really should try to make it back for Law school in September but," I shrug.

"How's your brother?" Micheal asks, "Better I assume."

I wince at the thought of Micheal, the brother not the Whitehall. "Oh yeah. Micheal? He's doing well," I lie. "The doctors have-have been saying good things so. Fingers crossed!" I pause with the awkward silence, "Well, I really better get going. Church calls I'm afraid. I'll see you in 2 weeks?"

"Yes! Yes!" They both stand up and start to walk out the door. Molly sits back down, "Hey! Hey! You are not hanging up on me."

"Look Molly, I really want dinner, so please. I'll see you in 2 weeks if you still want to ship me out."

"Yes, of course I'll ship you out," she sighs.

I smile to her, "Love you! Bye!"

She blows kisses, "Bye Love!"

I shut my laptop screen and put my head down on it, "Why can't you just be normal for a
week?" I say to my self. I then stand up, get my rain jacket and walk down the hill a few houses to my Aunts.

"Hello?" I call walking through the door. Taking my welles and jacket off at the front.

"Hello!" Auntie calls back running to the doorway to help me. she hangs up my coat, "Every one's in the other room love."

"Do you need any help?"

She looks at me for a moment, "Sure. Come,
come."

I follow her into the kitchen where I'm put to work grating cheese.

"So," Auntie starts. "You and Phillip...did you break up?"

I pause for a moment. Is it even worth correcting? "Y-Yes. We did."

"You know. I always thought you were to happy with him. I thought something might be going on."

I stop and look over to her stirring on the stove, "What?"

"Well I don't want to be rude, but I thought maybe he was, you know."

"Abusicive?" She nods. I scoff, "You're kidding me. Did you not think anything was wrong when I was in Primary school?"

"Why? Did you know him then? I thought you were with Jim then. You know you really should see if he would take you back. He was a good man, and you just broke his heart."

I put the grater and the cheese down, "You're not serious."

"You need to be married, Y/N. I won't have a seamstress as a niece. And it sure as hell won't be and english prick you finally marry."

I wipe the leftover cheese on my dress and walk out, "I'm going home..."

"Y/N?...Y/N?! Where are you going?"

"Where you and Jim O'Donlley aren't."