11

"You're home!" Kara yells, jumping out of the car.

I run to give her a hug, "I'm home!"

"And who's this?" She skeptically looks at Jack, walking holding his and my luggage.

"Oh," I nervously laugh. "This is Jack."

"You're Jack?" She looks back at me. "Jesus, you're taller than I thought you would be. It's good to meet you. I'm Siobhan."

"Hello," they shake hands. I see her almost die when she hears the English accent.

"Everyone here has anticipated you're arrival."

"Well he's only here for a week," I say, getting into the passengers seat, leaving him for the back.

"Jesus a week isn't long enough for the line of people who'll want to look at the spectacle you brought home."

I scoff and fasten my seat belt as he hops in the car, "So where are we?" I hear his seat click.

I turn around to see him behind the drivers seat on the right. "Well this is Kincasslagh. It's another 15 minutes back home. It's like 12 kilometers. Right?" I look to Siobhan for conformation.

We drive the scenic route along the coast line and against mountains and hills. We get blocked for a bit by sheep. When we finally land at my house at the top of the hill, we stand out of the car. My mother quickly arrives outside to greet us.

"Y/N! My god, I'm so glad you're home." She hugs me.

"Hey Mum," I hug her in return.

"Have you gone to see you're Aunt Mary yet?"

"I just got here Mum. So no."

I watch her look over my shoulder, "Is that it?" She whispers. I look behind me at him laughing with Siobhan.

"Mum, it has a name," I scoff.

"What is it? Phillip?"

I roll my eyes, "Jack. Look, he really is a nice lad, please. Tell Da to try and go easy on him."

"Oh you can do that love. It's no use if I do it. You're his little girl."

"You must be Mrs. Y/LN," Jack says, putting down the luggage to greet you both.

"Yes..." She says between her teeth. "You can put your stuff in Daniels room," Mum turns to go back inside the house.

"I'll show you where my room is," I put my hand on his arm.

"He's sleeping, in your brothers room."

I scoff, "Mum. We're 20."

"Yes. And I was once as well. And we both know how Da is going to handle that."

"Y/N?" The door opens. And in comes his greasy hands and face. "Jesus you're home early."

"We didn't drive up, just the flight," I walk over and cautiously hug him, not wanting to stain even MORE clothes.

"Do you want to drive the Triumph."

"From the Garage?" I let go of him. He nods, "I-I don't know. It's the TR-6 Da."

"Well, if you have an english guest he should drive in his own types car," he walks to the kitchen sink to wash his hands. "Did you tell them about their sleeping arrangements?" He looks to Mum.

"Jesus, both of yous. What's the problem, you practically invited Jim O'Donnell into my knickers, and you won't let a boy, who I already live with, in my bed?"