5

It had been a few weeks since my flu and break up. But I was already feeling better. Jack had still needed to get somethings from home. And everyone else was busy, so we borrowed Chloe's car, and drove down to London.

The entire ride he had given me the pitch of his brilliant show of a class of dumb kids, and an equally dumb teacher. I thought the whole idea was kind of mental, but I was trying to be supportive all 4 hours of the drive. Me being the only driver, since he doesn't know how to.

Once we finally arrive, I quickly get out of the car and look up at the quaint townhouse. He walks up next to me. "Let me hear it. I can take it."

I look at him, "How posh are you?"

He rolls his eyes laughing and hops up the stone steps, and rings the bell. The door opens on an older man, "Jesus Jack, what are you doing here?" The mans accent sounds like he's the King.

"I told Mummy I was coming," he walks in, and I hastily follow.

"You're supposed to be in school..." He sees me. "And you've brought a girl with you. Hello, I'm Mr Whitehall, Jacks father."

I take his hand and shake it, "Hello, I'm Y/N."

"Irish, I assume you've been taught to hate me," He leads me into the living room. "Would you like anything to drink?"

"Oh I better not," I sit in a very nice victorian green chair, and now I feel like a royal guest. "I'm the only one who knows how to drive."

"My room is up here Isle," He says to me. He always thought that "Isle" was a better name then "Em."

"The girl just got here. And you're making her drive the entire way, let her have a glass of wine," Mr. Whitehall booms.

"Red or white?" I ask him, smiling.

He turns back to me, "Well I have both, but I do love a good Chardonnay."

"Oh dear god, where have you been my whole life?"

He stands and walks in the direction of where I can only imagine his wine cabinet is. With a house like this he's bound to have one. Jack walks into the sitting room where I am. "You're not my girlfriend. You don't have to put up with Michael Whitehall."

"Yes but see, I want to. Because from the parents come embarrassing stories. And I've heard of these types of Brits. But I've never seen one in person before. Just let me have my fun. Shoo," I flick my hand, "go get your clothes or whatever."

He laughs as I push him away and hops up the stairs. At his exit is Michaels entrance. 2 glasses of Chardonnay included. "I opened one of the best ones in there since Mrs. Whitehall isn't here to drink it all."

"Oh how kind," I take the glass and place it on the side table. Using coasters of course.

"May I ask," he begins. "How does one like yourself become acquainted with someone like Jack?"

I politely laugh, taking a sip of my wine, "My roommate last year, Chloe, she introduced us. I believe they went to school together."

"And you two took off from there?"

"No. We're just friends."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I just assumed. Since Jack hasn't brought a girl home before. All of us here aren't sure he isn't gay."

"Well he needed some sort of escort," I take another sip of my wine trying to contain my laughter.

He mhmm's, "Jack usually comes home on the tube. But no mind." He readjusts in his chair. "So, does this mean you're in a relationship currently?"

I scoff at the bluntness, "Well. No, I'm recently out of one."

"What happened there?"

"Oh, you don't want to hear my sob story."

"I just gave you a glass of wine. Tell me."

I laugh and take a sip, "Well I was in kahoots with this lad, since forever. When we were 17 he proposed. And we were going to get married after college. But, he banned me from going to college."

"What a prick," he shakes his head.

"Right? Well after that ended I came to England, and I met this guy, Liam. He isn't very prominent in the story. But now Jim, the lad, he's walking around Manchester. Apparently he's in love with me. Usually when you're in love you want the other person to be happy. Right? But no, no no. Let's make Y/N's life a living hell." I scoff at the thought and take a sip of wine.

"Well are you still in love with him?"

I sigh, because after reflection, I know the true answer, "Yes." I look at the ground, "I will always love him. But why do I hate the idea of him?"

He sighs, "You lost trust, and that's the most important thing in a relationship. If you don't trust each other, you learn to not trust anyone else. And after, what do you have left?"

"A lot of baggage?"

He laughs and takes a sip of his wine, "I guess I'll have to ask you again. Do you still love him?" I don't answer. He clears his throat, "Now I'm not in your head. But I do believe that you care about him, but you've been pressured to believe that that's what love is."

We spend the rest of the day there, I meet his younger brother, and his mother when she comes home. But Jack forces us to go home by 4, so we can be home at a relatively reasonable time. That or to save him from more embarrassment.

As we walk outside and to the car I nudge him, "I think they like me."

"Yeah, I think so too. Bloody hell how am I supposed to bring another girl home?"

I shug, starting the engine, "Eh, you might find someone someday."

"How inspiring..."