21

"Molly?" I get out of the car.

She runs over to me, "Oh my god! Hello my love! I wanted to surprise you!"

We hug, "I-Hey...The house is a mess."

"I doubt that. And I don't mind so is mine."

She follows me into the elevator. I nervously move the ring around on my finger. I hadn't told her. We were waiting to tell his family until Molly came home...and now here she was. And the ring was on, shit! I quickly tuck my hand into the front pocket of my jeans, so she can't see it.

"I've missed you both so much. Have you fully moved in yet? I know you've been home for a couple of months now."

"Yeah, just about 5..."

"Wow really? It's crazy to think I've been married that long. But how are you my love."

"Oh, I'm great really." The elevator doors open. "The apartment is just down here. Jack sits on the couch and eats sour sweets all day, so you might become the highlight of his day."

She laughs as I take out my key and unlock the door. "Where's Toby, MOLLY?" I say loudly, to warn Jack of her arrival.

"Um, he went into the city for a work thing today, and I suppose I followed him."

I take my shoes off, and put my coat on the vintage coat holder I insisted we buy in the Manchester days.
"Can I get you something to drink?" I take her coat too.

"Oh, a wine would be lovely thank you." She follows me into the kitchen.

"I love the view," she admires.

"I know..." I take out the wine corker. "It's one of my favorite parts."

"Molly?" Jack walks into the kitchen, "Molly!" He looks at me confused as he welcomes her. I shrug.
"Where the hell did you come from?"

"Toby went into the city today, and I followed him to visit you."

I remember my hand again, and quickly hide it under the counter. I take it off and put it in a drawer.

"Would you like something to drink too, darling?"

"What are you drinking?" He puts his hand on my back and kisses my head. "Wine."

"Sure," he smiles across the island.

"Do you mind if I explore?"

"Please," I nod.

After she's gone, Jack walks over and puts his hands on my butt, and bends down to kiss me, "How was a school?"

"School," I shake my head. "Daniel called today."

"What did he have to say?"

"I don't know. Didn't answer."

"You didn't answer?"

I shake my head, "I was in class."

"Now you're ignoring class and receiving them in class?"

"Oh shut up." I kiss him again and turn to my wine bottle. "At least my brother isn't surprising us with visits."

"Does that bother you?"

"I had a whole plan on how we were going to tell your family! They're the closest I have to family too, I wanted it to be special."

"You are so adorable."

I roll my eyes, "Shut up."

"Your house is adorable."

"It's only adorable because of Isle."

"Oh yes, I agree," she sits at one of the barstools. "Now, really. Tell me everything."

I look at Jack, "Well," then back at the wine glass i'm handing her. "We leased an apartment in Oxford while I'm in school."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"And you..."

"Have bend doing this weird online thing. It was very fucked up. But I'm back here now. But Jack usually stays in London."

"Yes. I lose her weekdays."

"Only the rest of this year though, then I graduate."

"Law school?" I nod. "Oh my god! Y/N! That's amazing. Can I come to graduation?"

I laugh, "If you can fit me in," I shrug.

She gasps, "Of course I can-you are such a shit."

"I'm aware," I smile.

•••

"Do you know where the ring is?" I shout.

"You did not lose that right. Do you know how much that bloody thing cost?!"

"Well if you helped me fecking look for it."

"Where?"

"You check the kitchen I'll check the room."

He nods, and go out separate area. I go through the jewelry box and find nothing. I go through every drawer, and find nothing. I try to hold back my tears of not finding it. I lay on the bed, defeated. Looking at the ugly white ceiling.

"Y/N!"He yells.

"Yes?" I answer, covering my eyes.

"Will you come here a moment?"

I slowly stand, rubbing my puffy eyes. "Yes?" It takes all my strength to say it.

He goes on one knee, all over again. "Isle. My love. I've given the speech before and I will again. I love you more than I thought physically possible. I want to give my life to you, and I want you to give your everything to me." He pulls out the ring again, "And if that means I have to find this ring everyday, I'll do that." My face instantly smiles. "Will you still marry me?"

"Will you just put the damn thing on my finger we're gonna be late to meet your family."

He stands and puts it on the right finger this time. "I just had to make sure." He quickly kisses me, before I go back to our room to pick a pair of shoes.

•••

"Why is my heart beating so fast?" He leans over to me.

"Me too," I respond.

"We could run. No one would know."

"I think someone would know-"

"No one would know."

I look at him and smile, that's when it clicks. It seems it does for him too, since almost instantly he's clinking his glass. Silencing our table, which was among many others at some fancy restaurant.

"Everyone," he begins. Then rips his eyes off me, "we are engaged."

"What?" Micheal answers, shocked. Hillary covers her mouth, so does Molly. Barney throws his napkin on the table, "Called it!" Toby stares at me in a smile. A smile I can detect means, "Welcome to the family." It makes me smile.

"You're fucking kididng," Micheal looks at me next. I shake my head.

"Where did you do it?" Hilary leans forward.

Jack looks at me. "Victoria Statue."

"And you said yes?" Micheal still looks at me.

"Unfortunately," I jokingly answer.

"Well I'd get out of that fucking situation fast."

I've started to get back into this FanFic! But you should def check out the others🧿❤️