9

"Stop!" I laugh, taking a sip of wine. I turn my head to look at the glistening River Thames. Boats still sailing. Though none of them have sails. "So what do we do tomorrow?" I look back at him, with gleam in his eyes from the water.

He looks back to me with a rested happy face,"What do you want to do Miss 'We have Class'?"

I laugh and look back out,"I feel like everything is so caIm."

"That's because everything is right with the world."

I scoff, "You know for an aspiring comedian, you know how to swoon a girl."

"I'm a lit student who actually does assignments. I can swoon any girl. I just save my good stuff for the shelf."

"WeIl," I set my glass down. "I bet it needed a good dusting."

"Why. Do I sound hoarse?"

I roll my eyes,"Well, what are we gonna do tonight?"

He shrugs, taking another sip,"It's your holiday."

"Yes but I'm not the tour guide."

He scoffs,"Well pick a bloody thing."

"Since you're getting so flustered, I won't," I laugh.

•••

"This is maybe the poshest thing I've ever been in," I gush looking out to London becoming residential. "I mean. It looks like it's straight out of 1930."

He shakes his head laughing, "It's just a taxi."

"It's like a Limousine! I'm sitting across from you! In the back!" I lean towards him and whisper, looking around me, "My back is to the driver."

He laughs and shakes his head, "Would you let us off here?" The car stops and Jack hands him 2o quid. He steps out into the cold London air first then puts his hand out as a gentleman to help me down.

From there we stop at a bottle store and agree on a bottle of scotch. We open it as we make our way back to the Whitehall's.

"Alright." He stumbles on the Stone sidewalk taking the bagged scotch from my grasp. "Here's a question. When did you know you liked me?"

I shrug,"Never. You've always been a bit of an eejit."

"Hey! I'm the one who brought you to fucking London!"

I retake the paper bag scotch, "So what about you? Huh? When'd you know?"

He nervously laughs, "When you taught a bartender how to pour Guinness." He looks down to me and smiles. "That's the minute I knew my life was going to get better."

I scoff "Well how the hell am I supposed to show that up?"

He shrugs as we step to the doorstep of the brick townhouse, "I guess you just have to live with the fact I will always be better." He jingles the keys.

"You aren't jingling the keys to get me to kiss you?" I laugh and he jokingly shrugs. I turn him to face me, wrapping my arms around his waist. "I guess, since you insist..."

We both quietly laugh as he cups my cheek and bends down to my lips. At his touch the fire roars in me again. We pull each other closer, suddenly he pulls his head back, "Shit."

"What?"

"Barney's inside," he whispers.

"Barney?"

"My brother."

I let my arms fall "Shit."

"I know...I mean, we probably shouldn't anyway. Right? It's only month 1?"

"Technically 2," I add.

"Exactly." We let go of each other and he opens the door. We both walk up the stairs , holding hands to the top of the stairs. "Goodnight," he kisses my cheek and I smile. I let go of his hand and walk in the direction of the guest room.

•••

"Well?" Finn jumps on my bed, "When are you going to publicly tell me?"

I scoff, putting a shirt on a hanger and into my wardrobe, "As soon as I can find a place to shag him."

"Jesus, Em. You're a lady," He jokes.

I whisper as I walk past him and to my desk where there's a pile of dirty clothes, "Not in the bedroom...."

He follows me out to the corridor where the laundry machines are. Since there's 7 of us, we each have a day to do our laundry. Mine is Saturday, so I can get the alcohol out of my uniform from the pub. "Chloe! Where are those trousers you wanted me to wash?!" I yell out, putting my stuff in the washer.

"Right here!" She yells, running and throwing them in. "Thank you, you're a lifesaver."

I throw them in, "I know."

Just then Jack's door, which is right next to the closet, opens, "Morning," he smiles to me.

"Good Morning," I respond, our eyes lingering on each other for a bit.

"Good morning to you too Jack," Finn breaks the silence.

"Oh, morning Finn," Jack nervously laughs.

Chloe leans on the closet door, "You guys should come to this party. It'll be so fun if you all come!"

I look at Jack, then the washer, "Oh, uh-I-I can't go."

"Why not?" Chloe crosses her arms.

"I-I-uh have...Zumba?..."

Finn bursts out laughing, "Really? Where?"

"Th-That place on the corner, just there. You know my Mum's making me do it..."

"You're Mum, in Ireland?" Chloe asks.

I close the top, "Yes..."

Jack shakes his head and walks past us, "Well I'm going on a date. In a restaurant, hopefully." He looks at me before he goes down the stairs.

I roll my eyes and pour the detergent in the drawer, "So, Finn, you in?" She asks him.

"You know," I close the drawer and look at Chloe. "You should really invite the whole group. Then after our date, maybe we can all meet up at your party."

"You're date?" Chloe raises her eyebrows.

I stumble, "Well I mean like, my date with Zumba, and Jacks date with some girl none of us know."

"Um. Ok, I was going to..."

I press the start button on the washing machine and leave the basket on the top, closing the closet door. "Well, come on. Let's go!" I coax her to the stairs.

•••

"I hope your Zumba class was fun," Jack laughs.

"Do I need to explain it again?"

"No, no. I just hope you had fun."

I roll my eyes and he unlocks the door, "Wait," I whisper. "No one's home..."

"No ones home," he smiles. I run up to the doorway and wrap my arms around his neck. I stand at the front door with him for a second as he wraps his arms around my waist. "Do you think we could pop out those old zumba videos?"

I shake my head as I raise to kiss his smirking lips. The door creaks open, and he grabs my hand pulling me inside and shutting the door with a swing of his leg. He pulls my head to him. He pushes off my coat. And I pull his off. Our heads move from side to side in sync, taking short breaks to do things like, walking upstairs.

He turns to the side, still kissing me, and opens his bedroom door...-Dan has some high heeled legs wrapped around his naked body, and the moaning from them both makes me want to ball up and die. Jack immediately closes it, almost slamming it. We both stand in shock. "I guess we're not alone," he sighs. Looking to the ground.

I walk and raise my hands to unbutton his top button, and slowly move on to the second one,
"Shhh..."

He smirks as he opens the CORRECT door, and pulls me in.