4

"She's contaminated," Dan says behind the crowd.

"We really should all be wearing a medical mask," Angie looks at the group.

Jack speaks up, "You know in the Irish famine it was an illness of the potato plants that was making them all die? What if that mutated into a humma disease and Isle here just have us another Pandemic." I had always loved how he called me Isle instead of Em.

"I'm only sick!" I defend, "It's like you've never seen the fecking flu before. Or are you to posh to have had it."

"Sickness didn't really get passed around boarding school," Jack crosses his arms.

"Oh sh-" I cover my mouth and grab the bowl next to my bed. I hurl into it and every one cringes, some gag.

"Could you not throw up while we're looking at you?" Hannah says unjust.

"Oh, let me just tell my stomach to hold on a moment." I imitate a posh British accent, and most of them laugh. I go for round 2 of bile.

"Ok, I'm done," Finn puts his hands up. "I love you but. No." he walks out of the door way. I get some "get better"s,  before the all disappear down the hall.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," I look up at Jack, who's still in the doorway laughing.

"I forgot my phone downstairs." I give him a sarcastic smile and he laughs.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" He looks to me.

"Break up with Liam," I chuckle, fixing my bankets.

"You're going to...?"

"Yes. But how am I supposed to? I'm throwing up."

"Ghost him. Say you're ill today, don't answer tomorrow," He leans on the doorway.

"He knows where I live, I can't ghost him. He'll come flying over here."

"You could text break up. That'll make him never want to speak to you again."

"I'm serious Jack," I take a sip of my ginger ale.

"And so am I!...Ok maybe I'm not. But really, I want you to figure this out."

"I could get him sick," I suggest.

"You could say you're pregnant."

"He's to good of a guy to run away."

"Who said it was his baby?"

We stay like that for the next 2 days. Me in my sick room, him sitting just outside the door talking. It makes me almost mad when I'm cured.

"Welcome out of hell," He says to me, as I exit my bedroom for the first time in three days.

I curtsey, "Why thank you." Now here comes the hard part of unquarantine.

•••

I walk through the bar door and hold it open for the group of my friends to walk in behind me. We get the normal circle table in the middle of the bar, and someone comes with a tray of already made beers waiting for us. We were regulars at this point.

"There you are, I was hoping I'd find you here," Liam says walking up to our table. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Yeah," I walk off a bit to the side, and I can already tell they're going to eavesdrop. "What's up?"

"Why didn't you tell me you had an ex-boyfriend?"

"What? Are you doing a biography on me now?"

"He's in love with you, Y/N."

"The hell he is," I roll my eyes.

"He's carrying around a ring."

My face goes stone, "How are you so sure of this."

"He's in my class, Y/N. You think I wouldn't find out." I sigh, and look to the side. How the hell did he find him? "You should see the look on your face right now..."

"What?" I yell, drawing attention to myself.

"Do you still love him?"

I scoff, "What kind of question is that?"

"One I want the bloody answer to."

It takes me a minute to answer, "No. No, I will always hate him for what he did to me."

"Well, apparently he doesn't see it that way," He leans on the wall.

I throw my hands up, "I can't do this anymore. We're done." I begin to walk back to my table.

"Just like that? I ask a question and we're over?"

I stop in my tracks. I determinedly walk back to him and poke my finger into his chest, "You know why he's carrying a ring around? Because we were engaged. He forbade me from going to England but you know what? Fuck him. The only reason he's walking around with a ring is because he knows I am the only reason our town had any pride in him. So fuck the fuck off Liam." I put my hand down, and do my best power walk back over to our table, where everyone remains silent.

I take a sip of my Guinness (obviously) and set it down, letting my tears pour. I let out a whimper, "I'm assuming you heard all of that." They all nod and I laugh, looking back to the floor, I let my tears escape. "Why is he back?" I look to Chloe, looking at me with complete pity.

She rubs my back, "I don't know..."

"You would think cheating and then asking for his €20 engagement ring back would be enough for him."

I quickly pulled myself together, and drowned myself in alcohol. By the end of the night I had barely remembered my name.

"You probably shouldn't of been drinking when you just got over the stomach bug," Jack says trying to steady me.

"That was before I had to drink my feelings away," I tap my temple.

He sets me down somewhere, I have no idea where I am. "What are you feelings?"

I sigh, "I thought the drink would help the anger. But now I'm angry and drunk, not a good combination." He laughs. "And I'm scared. Of what I would let him do to me again. If I give in. He cheated on me so many times, and it was in Primary School. But I knew. I knew everything but I let it happen. I was going to stay for him," I look up at the blur that is him.

"What happened?" He sits next to me.

"I caught him with one of my best friends. And that's when I knew he didn't have a line. So I had to make one." I look around me. "Where's everyone else?"