16

It was now going on my 4th year of Christmas at the Whitehall's, and it got better each year. This particular year was quite entertaining. Molly did her signature knock.

I rush down the hallway, "I've got it!" I yell back. And then open the door, taking a deep breath as I grab her in my arms. "You're back!"

"I'm back," I can feel her smile on my shoulder. I pull out, and pull her inside, Toby behind her. I hug him too.

We walk into the kitchen and after she says hello to everyone, she calls everyone into the living room, "Daddy! Just get in here please." He marches in, sitting in his normal victorian chair.

"Alright Molly. You dragged us all in here for something now tell it."

Molly takes a deep breath, "Alright well. Me and Toby, are engaged!"

"Oh!" Micheal flicks his hand. "I already bloody knew that." And so did I, us now being sisters, we tell each other everything.

After a bombard of 'congratulations' and weird looks me and Jacks way for being the oldest, and not married.

Mrs. Whitehall sits on the arm of the couch. "Do you know what you want at your wedding? Flowers? Church or a Cathedral?"

"Well, uh. I actually was thinking maybe, no, Church."

"What? What do you mean you don't want to get married in a church, Molly? If I'm paying for this wedding, you're not having it in a fucking barn!" Micheal speaks up.

Me and Molly make eye contact as I laugh. Then my phone rings on the table next to me. I answer it as Molly and Mr. Whitehall continue fighting. I stand and walk to the kitchen.

"Hey Daniel. Happy Christmas!"

"Happy Christmas, Y/N. How's London?"

"It's good, yeah. I'm at Jack's house right now so."

"Oh! Dad would be upset. Meeting Phillips parents."

I scoff, "Well he wouldn't have a say until he remembered his bloody name."

He laughs, "Y/N. I really think you might need to sit down."

"Well that's not terrifying." I lean against the counter.

"Micheal's become ill."

I tilt my head back, "Because Mum isn't there to take care of him is he blowing this out of proportion?"

"He has Cancer, Y/N."

"You have to got to be fucking kidding me," I hit the counter top.

"And we never noticed because neither of us wanted to go home. Aunt Mary just told me."

"How bad?" I rub my face.

"Stage IV(4 for those who don't care to remember roman numerals)."

"Bloody hell."

"The real problem is that you just said 'Bloody hell'," He imitates as British accent while I have a panic attack.

"I have to go."

"You're not serious?"

"I am serious. He's dying, Dan. I'm going to fucking be there for him. He doesn't have a Mum, only Aunt Mary who will put a warm towel on his head at best. You need to come to. You are the closest. You're in Glasgow, you need to get your arse on a flight over."

"I'm in Dubai. And I can't go home. No you were right good things don't happen there."

"Well you need to get the fuck over yourself."