|36| Starting Over P 2

Recap:

Bree's P O V

I hear heels clicking on the floor and turn to see Layla walking up to the door.

"Wow." I hear Joe say.

She nervously smiles. "Ready?"

He nods. "Yeah, let's go."

"Y'all be good now. I don't want to have to check on y'all." I joke.

Joe chuckles and slightly pushes me out of the way then grabs Layla's hand. They walk out the door to the front porch.

"Y'all children be good, ya' hear?" I joke again in my best old lady voice with my hand on my hip.

I watch them pull off and I shut the door.

_

Layla P O V

I nervously walked behind Leati as he lead us to his black, shiny Range Rover. I watched him as he opened the passenger door and turned to me with a smile. I quickened my pace and got in the car, muttering a quiet "thank you." I took a deep breath as he opened the driver side and got in himself.

I cautiously put my seatbelt on and turned my head facing him. He was already looking at me and it made me blush, involuntary.

"I don't know if I told you this but you look beautiful. No, actually you look beyond gorgeous." He stared into my eyes.

"You don't look too bed yourself." I smiled. "So, tell me. Where are you taking me?"

He smirked and turned to start up the car before pulling off. He glanced my way still leaving my question unanswered.

"It's a surprise." Was all he said.

Okay, I like surprises. I was now anxious to what he had for me.

_

We've been driving for a while now and all I see are trees. I slowly whipped my head over to him.

"Leati, where are we going?" Cause clearly we're now out of the city and I was getting more nervous.

He didn't answer. All he did was turned the wheel sharply, causing my body to jerk forward. Lucky for me I had my seatbelt on. He parked the car and I took the time to examine the environment. And I saw absolutely nothing but trees. Leati turned the car off and got out, walking to my side. He opened the door and held his hand out. I hesitantly took it and he helped me out of the car before shutting the door.

"Turn around." He demanded.

"Why?"

"Just turn around."

I slowly turned around, silently praying that he hasn't turned psycho and is trying to kill me.

Before I knew it, a blindfold was over my eyes.

"Leati, what's the blindfold for?"

"To keep my surprise, a surprise."

He grabbed my hand and guided me. I almost tripped when my heels were seeping through some sand or whatever but he caught me. We finally came to a halt and I heard Leati take a deep breath before slowly taking the blindfold off of me.

My eyes widen when I saw the scene. Palm trees, the beaches, the white sand, the yacht waiting, the tears forming in my eyes.

"Where are we?"