Fifteen| My Pills!

"There are memories that time does not erase... Forever does not make loss forgettable, only bearable."
—Cassandra Clare

Tracy?
Tracy?
Ughhh Tracy?
Oh God, where the hell could she be?

My eyes scanned every room in the house until I came upon the beer pong room. I groaned, stepping over the puke spot someone lazily cleaned up with vodka.

Evan was nowhere to be seen. Oh, hell yeah! I couldn't handle talking to him after that.

I peeked inside the room expecting to see another beer pong game going, but instead, I saw a group of seniors playing spin the bottle. Right at the edge of the circle was Tracy leaning her head on Charles.

Great.

Slowly but surely, I held my jeans jacket to my chest and walked around the room. My knee cracked as I crouched down beside the blushing couple, "Tracy?"

She looked up and smiled, "Oh, Evelyn, I'm glad you wiped that puke off of you." She laughed, "Hey everyone! Evelyn's joining the game!" The crowd cheered, and Kim, the president of the student council who was sitting beside Tracy, moved over making space.

I gave a small smile to the crowd but didn't sit down. "I'm not joining!" I whispered, but no one around me was sober enough to care, "Tracy, this is important!" I got closer, "like really, really important! And I'm not going to tell you about it here!"

Tracy sighed and lifted her head off Charles, "hey Charles, don't kiss anyone cute when I'm gone."

Charles blushed as Tracy got up with her bag. I immediately pulled her around the circle of drunk teens. As soon as we left the room, she stopped and looked back.

"So what's so important?" She crossed her arms. "We're out of the room and no one is within earshot, so you can tell me now?"

I huffed at her attitude, "it's Darren!" I freaked, "he's having some sort of panic attack or something outside and he needs his meds."

Tracy's face didn't change, "ok." She opened her bag and handed me the plastic bag with the bottles and the car keys.

"Thank you—Wait?" I looked down, "you're not coming with me?" I asked, "Darren's having a—"

"Ok?" She took glances back at the room. Her mind was elsewhere as she spoke, "He'll probably want to go home after, and you're the DD," she smiled, "I'll ask Charles if I could stay the night." She blushed, "I don't think he would mind."

I shook my head, "Tracy, that's—"

"Go Evelyn, I thought you said this was serious!" She cut me off.

She was right, I couldn't try to drag her along. It didn't matter who came? He just needed his pills. I huffed and quickly walked away from her to the kitchen. I grabbed some water and ran outside. If Tracy wanted to party, I'll let her party. At least I knew who my friends were.

* *<%) * *

The baggie jungled in my hand as my heart raced. My pill bottle ended up spilling, which was unsanitary because I've seen Tarcy throw used napkins in her bag. Luckily they were separated by plastic. The containers must have popped open when Tracy sat on her bag or something. But at least Darren's was still closed.

I couldn't stop to take mine now, even if I was beyond stressed.

"Over here!" Felix called from the other side of the yard.

I took my mind off my pills and focused on the task at hand. Charles's backyard wasn't fenced, instead there was a community sized swimming pool with an enormous bed of grass and a line of trees. I quickly passed the drunk teens who decided to go skinny dipping and raced to the back.