Twenty-Six| A Saucy Aftermath

"The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time."
–  Abraham Lincoln

As soon as I walked across the street with my bag, my heart dropped into my dead chest. In front of me was a blue car, which meant one thing... my mother was back.

I wasn't ready to face my mother.

Not after everything Steve told me.

* *<%) * *

The trip to St. Cajetan's Academy for boys was a dull one. Issac mainly sighed, as this was the last time I'll ever see him. He promised that regardless of what his aunt says that he'll leave me alone...Even if his Xbox gets destroyed.

Darren rocked himself to sleep as his anxiety consumed all his energy. The poor boy was popping his PTSD pills like there was no tomorrow, and that's what probably knocked him out.

And Felix with his untamed blueberry hair, glanced at me every so often to check if I was ok....

I wasn't.

But at least we had a semi fun trip that only lasted a few hours.

As the jeep pulled up the the massive slivers gates of the of the all boys private school, I uncomfortably watched Issac groaned as he moved his stiff body out the car. He closed his eyes and said a rude yet pleasant goodbye to the boys before turning to me. "If I didn't apologize already I'm doing it now." His green eyes met mine as he spoke low just for me to hear him, "I'm sorry about attempting to kill you a bunch of times...but I'll have you know, the first time I watched you die, I did I felt a little bit if remorse." The corner of his lips pointed up as he ran his almost broken fingers through his hair.

I blushed as his words melted my heart. At least I knew he had dimension and he wasn't a cold unstable baby all over.

"But with all the times after that, the only thing I felt was pain and hate since you were the one thing keeping me away from the love of my life." He stressed those words completely ruining the moment.

"You should have just left it at the first part?" I frowned as my arms held my shaking body together.

"I know!" He seems to genuinely smile at my pain before slamming the Jeep door shut.

I sighed as I watched him limp with his dirty trench coat in his hand towards the school. Issac didn't even bother to look back or wave as he slipped through the gates.

Not even a thank you... oh well. At least he was out of my hair now.

* *<%) * *

The cool evening air of spring whipped my spine as I slugged my overnight back over my shoulders and up my long driveway. With my eyes set forward, I patted my pocket to check if I had my pills. It pained me to take them, but without them, I'll be in pain. I slowly but surely peaked my face into the window that led to the living room to see if she was there—she wasn't so I quickly but quietly unlocked the front door to escape the outside world.

It was about 6 in the evening, and I looked as sketchy as ever with my bloody stained close and my twitchy movement. I'm surprised none of my neighbours called the police on me.

The giant grey door to the house made an annoying creaking sound as I painfully pushed it open. I quickly slammed it shut, and like a ghost, I took off my dirty shoes and bolted straight for the staircase.

"Evelyn? Is that you? I didn't know you left the house?" My mom wondered with pity.

"Shoot," I held my fist together, "Sure mom." I smartly replied as I chucked my duffle bag up the stairs.

ContraindicationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara