Twenty| Emotional Story Time

"I never lie," I said offhand. "
At least not to those I don't love."
-Anne Rice

I rather sit in silence than listen the sound of fingers scratching dead skin. We were an hour out of town on the freeway, and we had about an hour left to go.

From my mirror, I could see Darren taking nervous glances at Pizza Boy. I could tell that he's regretting his decision to take pity on him.

I wanted to leave him since he tried to kill me, but the boys felt bad. I had no say in the final decision, so anything that happened after this point was all their faults.

Instead of thinking too much about it, I decided to try to get something out of this weird situation. "So boy who tried to kill me four times," I coughed breaking the silence, "The dude with blue hair who acts like a saint is Felix, and that shaking golden retriever beside you is Darren."

"Hey! I don't look like a golden retriever!" Darren fussed, "I'm more of a Goldendoodle or a Terrier."

I smiled at his pettiness, then looked through the mirror at Pizza Boy, "Ignore him. Anyway, my name isn't Emma, so you better not call me that," I threatened. I didn't need both Pizza Boy and Charles calling me Emma. It wasn't even remotely close to my actual name. "I'm Evelyn... Wait? I'm pretty sure you already knew that since you had to track me down." I hit a pothole on the road, but he didn't react.

The boy looked out the window, then winced in pain before finally responding, "I didn't know your name... and I didn't track you down." His voice lowered, "All that was done for me already... I just had to pull the trigger."

Felix shut his eyes when Pizza Boy spoke. I could tell that he was also finally starting to regret this now.

Pizza Boy finally looked back in the car but held the same grimace expression, "But it's nice to meet you all I guess... My name isn't Pizza Boy or whatever you call me... It's Issac."

Issac? He didn't look like an Isaac? He went to the private school, so I thought he would have a rich person name like Willam or Charles? But I guess Issac will do. I focused my attention back on the road as I changed lanes.

Felix placed the bookmark in his book, then leaned over the seat to face Issac. "Hmm, Issac? Evelyn says that you tried to kill her... many... many times?" He nervously rubbed his beads, "Could you um care to explain that?" He placed his book back in his bag, "You are at our mercy?"

Issac winced as I went over another pothole. I kept my laughing in while he responded. "What is there to explain?" He spoke dryly. "Someone asked me to kill her, but she seems unkillable." He stretched his sore arms.

"Yes, but why? And by who?" Felix held his hands together, "I'm curious... and we have time to waste."

Issac frowned but didn't answer.

I looked through my mirror, and his green eyes met mine,"If you don't tell us who stole your Xbox I'll pull off the freeway and dump your ass in the forest."

His eyes widened, "you wouldn't do that, right?"

Without saying more, I indicated into the next lane and got ready for the exit.

Issac shook his head, "I-I" he struggled, but he knew as soon as I exited he was gone; Felix and Darren couldn't save him, "Ok! I'll tell you bits and pieces. I just can't tell you much..." he stumbled.

"That's good enough for me," Felix sighed and reached over my seat to flip the indicator again. I didn't bother to fight him. Some information was better than no information.

I changed lanes again as Darren gulped down some water.

"Ok Pizza Boy, spill," I smirked evilly.