Imani

"What's up Imani? Why the fuck you looking stressed sis? What that fuck nigga do to you?" Maliyah asked. 

Maliyah is one of my best friends. I grew up with her and Stormi.  Them my bitches. We all went to Georgia State University. I'm studying to Social Work with a minor in Counseling. Stormi studying Business with a minor in Computer Science. Maliyah is studying Communications with a minor in creative writing. My girls and I are going to be lit, if I can get rid of the fuck nigga in my life. 

"Maliyah let her be. When she ready to get rid of that fuck nigga she know where to find us. Until then we gone let sis be great and love on our niece. By the way how is my ChinaDoll doing this morning?" Stormi stated. 

"ChinaDoll is good." I said while looking down. I didn't need my girls judging more than they already are. I just pray one day God will see me through this. 

After finishing school, I headed to the hospital where I work part-time processing insurance. I love my job. I get to meet new people and help save lives by saving their pockets. I know it isn't much but I've learned so much in the healthcare field, that I want to be a social worker who works in the hospital. I want to be there when the hurt children come in. I want to support the families when they don't have the resources. I know what is it to live under poverty and I want to be the change to help others. 

Working for over 7 hours. It was finally time for me to go pick up Kenya. Maliyah or Stormi would pick up Kenya for me whenever I have to work after school. I couldn't ask Tony because one he isn't safe and two he never gets her. 

It's like we had a child together but he treats her like she isn't his child. We've had our fights about it but now I just do what I need for Kenya and don't ask him for anything. Lately, I've been looking for a way out. I don't want to be with Tony any longer and the more drugs he do the worse he gets. I don't want anything bad to happen to make me finally leave. I have to come up with a plan. I haven't told my girls. Maybe I should ask them for help. 

"ChinaDoll how was school today?" I asked her. 

"Mommy it was good. Can we stay at TT Maliyah's house. I don't want to go home. Daddy scares me." Kenya says to me. 

I felt eyes on me and I knew Maliyah was about to get in my ass. One person she doesn't play about is her ChinaDoll. 

"Kenya we have to go home. You have school tomorrow." I let her know. 

"She can stay here. I have clothes for her in her room. Kenya go in your room and watch tv while I talk to you momma. I will get you ready for bed in a minute." Maliyah tells Kenya. 

"Now, Imani tell me what the fuck is going on and don't leave shit out. Wait let me call Stormi over. I don't want you to have to repeat shit."

"I'm here bitches what we having a pajama party?" Stormi said walking through the door. 

"Nope Imani has somethings she need to get off her chest. Kenya said she didn't want to go home because her daddy scares her. I'm trying to figure out what done happened to make my baby scared to be at home and why Imani isn't telling us. So I called you that way we can get the tea at the same time." 

"Well Imani start talking."

"Okay. This morning I got up and Tony was having a party downstairs. There were bitches and his homies at the house. I came downstairs asking him why the music was so loud and he slapped me in front of everyone."

"Bitch I know you fucking lying. We about to talk Kenya to my mother's because we murdering that nigga tonight." Maliyah spat. She is pretty pissed and Stormi just starring at me.