Imani

Tony was still leaving threating messages. I'm surprised he hasn't showed up to one of the girl's houses. Then again we know they about that life and don't play. So, he wont try it. I went to our house and packed all of me and Kenya stuff. Getting away from him is best. I can't be dealing with no crackhead abusive ass nigga. Not gone work. 

I have been working hard to stay on track for graduation. We were all graduating with our Master in May and I couldn't let anything mess this up for me. Not even Tony bitch ass. I've been thinking what was next for me I used to have so many dreams before I got with Tony. I need to find my way back. My depression has attempt to take over I can't let it win this time. 

Getting up out the bed. Maliyah took Kenya to school. So, I'm about to go out and find us a place to stay. I wanted to go further out thinking that it will be best for me to be away from the city. However, I have to think about Kenya's schooling and the help my girls give me. So, I'm going to ride on the East side and see what I can find. Maybe even go as far as Stone Mountain. 

Finally out the shower and to get dressed. The weather says its about 85 degrees outside, so instead of my depressing attire. I'm going to wear a Full-length cream sundress with my Steve Madden side in sandals with the rhinestones on the top. Topping it off with a nice natural beat with a gloss lip, my cream Steve Madden bag, and some sliver jewelry. Looking at myself in the mirror I knew I need to get back to her. I haven't seen myself look so good in a long time. I was too business putting me on hold. That won't happen again. Headed to my Chevy Impala 2019, I drove to Flat Shoals first. 

After being out all day, I did three apartment applications. Now, it is a waiting process. Moving is a must. I had to order us some furniture and then I will be good. It is time! I cooked dinner for the girls when they got off and watched some Makeup YouTube channels until they all got home. 

"Mommy wake up, how was your day? Kenya came running through the door. 

"Hi, Mommy's beauty. My day was great, the only thing is I missed you so much. How was school? What did you learn today?" showering Kenya with all the love. 

"School was good Mommy. And I learned all my numbers and ABCs but Mommy I already know them. We did this already. So, I colored. I was bored."

I sat there looking at Kenya in aww. I was a parent who didn't play about my child's education. So, I've been reading books to Kenya since she was born. Then when she turned one we began to learn. I wasn't about to have my child depending on those teachers to educate her. I needed her to know that I wont play when it comes to her education either. 

"Maliyah & Stormi come on, we about to eat because I'm going back to sleep after bathing Kenya." I yelled to the back. 

Sitting down eat sautéed salmon with oven roasted asparagus and small potatoes. Then I made baked chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream as desert. Yes, ya girl can cook and might I say it feels good not having a week worth of leftovers. I had to learn how to cook small meals. 

"Imani you out did yourself. I swear with studying and work I needed a good homecooked meal. Bitch you need to live here on our side for life. I can get used to this on a regular." Stormi laughed

"Shit bitch me too. I come home to a house smelling like Longhorn or Outback. Do you need me to move into a 4 bedroom sis cuz I can." Maliyah stated. 

"Naw, yall I need my own space but maybe we should do dinner together every week. Like family day or something." A sadness washed over me. Not only did I think me and Tony was going to be a family, I also didn't have my family. When Naim found me outside my house crying that day, was the day my mother told me she couldn't love me because all she saw in me was my father. He was killed and every since then my mother was on drugs. So being with my Big Mama gave me a fighting chance in this world. Big Mama is gone and I don't even know if my mother is alive or die. So, Stormi, Maliyah, and Kenya is my family. I used to have a good relationship with Armani, Symere, and Naim's mother but after I went ghost I didn't see them. 

"Yeah Imani family day will be dope we can schedule for every Sunday. We will take that day off and just spend time. Each one of us will be the host, the 4th Sunday of the month we go out to eat and wherever Kenya wants to go." Stormi said snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Works for  me!" Maliyah and I agreed. 

Getting up for the table placing our plates in the sink. I got Kenya up and went to take care of our hygiene. I needed rest dealing with my past and present is starting to become a bit much. Depression has been working on getting the best of me. I need to get out. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7 (943 words) 

Make sure you VOTE & COMMENT

Also SHARE