chapter 9

Vesper's Nightclub Outfit

*******************************************

"I am not wearing that." I stared at the risqué dress Naila was holding in front of me. It was scarlet red and lacy. I didn't think that I'd ever seen an outfit with less fabric, apart from bikinis, and they were the socially acceptable version of underwear.

She huffed in annoyance and threw the garment into the reject pile. She turned back to her wardrobe and began digging through it again.

"How come you have all these anyway? I know your parents aren't about to let you wear any of them in Dubai." I glanced at the scandalous pile.

"Of course not. I knew we could go out this year so I came prepared, I didn't think you'd bring anything."

She was right of course, I hadn't accounted for clubbing outfits. I was too worried about making sure I had enough tights and coats for the term.

"Okay how about this?" She turned and held the item up to me. It was a simple dress compared to the others. Its silky material was a creamy beige colour that reflected the light. It was still extremely form-fitting like the others, but I decided it was my best option.

"I'll go with it." I sighed glumly.

She threw me the dress and returned to the pile to choose her own outfit for the night. I began to get changed and folded my own clothing neatly as I removed it. The dress itself reached mid-way down my thigh and I tried to tug at the bottom to lengthen it, but the fabric stayed in place.

I gave up and went in search of accessories, picking out some tall white heels, a beaded white bag and a thin diamond collar necklace with a matching bracelet.

When I had completed the look I sat on her dresser and began to do my hair and makeup. Just as I finished curling my blonde locks, there was a small knock at the door and Jess and Amelia entered.

"Oof you girls look hot!" Jess complimented as she sat down on the bed.

"Thanks, so do you. Did you guys bring your ID?" Naila questioned them as she sat next to me, using the mirror to blend a dark blue eyeshadow into her lids to match her dress.

"Yep we've got them. I can't believe we get to go clubbing now. I haven't been since I first went with my cousin in August." Amelia sat on Jess's lap as she snaked her hands around her waist.

"I haven't been at all." I added. I didn't know quite what to expect from my first time. I'd been drunk before of course, my parents were pretty relaxed and let me have champagne with them at Christmas and New Years. It usually hit me quickly but I'd never been to a nightclub.