chapter 24

At first I just stood there motionless, surprised by the bold gesture. It felt so unfamiliar to be kissed so desperately, but it wasn't an unpleasant sensation. In fact it was entirely the opposite.

As his lips pressed themselves harder against mine I was jolted back into reality and wrapped my arms around his neck, returning the same level of passion.

I felt him smile against my lips and a rush of adrenaline shot through me. Kissing him somehow felt incredibly dangerous, but simultaneously entirely safe. It was like there was suddenly something to lose, a shift in our dynamic that I hadn't foreseen.

I felt him move his hands down to my back, crushing me against him as tightly as possible. We were kissing more intensely now, like our lives depended on it, and tingles ran across my skin from the contact.

His breath was hot in my mouth and I bit down on his lip gently, causing him to utter a deep groan. It reminded me of our day in the snow, intense, unexpected, frozen in time for a moment.

I parted my lips slightly, desperate for more as he slipped his tongue in and began pleasing motions inside my mouth. He was an incredibly good kisser, it made me wonder what else he might be good at.

I slithered my hands up through his hair, tugging slightly and he began pushing our bodies backwards until I hit the wall with a thud.

For a moment we broke apart, panting as we stared into one another's eyes. His expression was unrecognisable and I couldn't tell if the dim light was making it appear strange, or if it was the traces of lust there. I was sure my own expression held the same wild desperation and I felt a blush spread across my cheeks at the thought. He smirked at my innocence before beginning a teasing assault on my neck.

He trailed his lips along my collarbone as he worked his way up my neck, licking and sucking softly on the skin there. I knew I would have hickeys tomorrow and I moaned lightly as he hit the most sensitive spot under my ear, lighting a fire along my nerve endings.

My reaction seemed to spur him on and he reconnected with my lips, wrapping his hands under my thighs and hoisting me up against the wall like I weighed nothing. I was thankful for the strength of his support, sure that my limbs would've soon given way.

He gripped the ballgown, pushing it up so my skin was exposed and I split my legs apart, wrapping them around his hips. It was a newfound closeness that I'd subconsciously been craving since straddling him on boxing day. I was so lost in him now, he was like a thick cloud of smoke seeping through me.

I reached down and pulled his shirt from his trousers as we continued kissing passionately, slipping my hands underneath the fabric. I could feel the sculpted abs there, like something from a greek statue, and I ran my cold fingers over the skin, tracing the ridges of muscle.

This seemed to frustrate him even more and he pushed his groin against my own, pressing his erection against me through the thin fabric of my underwear. The pressure felt incredibly intense and I yearned for some sort of relief from him.

I whimpered slightly in desperation, unable to speak, and he tore his mouth from mine, beginning to kiss down to the top of my bust. He left moist traces across my skin, beginning to rock against me slightly, thrusting his hips in a way that was torturous.

I glanced over his head as he continued kissing lower, staring into the dark room as my eyes threatened to close. I could hear the faint sounds of the party in the distance and I suddenly remembered where exactly we were and who was providing such a pleasurable onslaught.

I took deep breaths as he continued the lustful assault, trying to calm down as the panic creeped into my mind. The fresh air seemed to have a sobering effect, hitting my lungs like a cold sting and causing the fog in my brain to dissipate, bringing me back to reality.