01

Every single question Dean and Sam asked about his previous behavior, why he thought the woman must be dead or how he knew her but did not know her name, he dismissed with a smile. Neither an answer, nor a shrug of the shoulders or a twitching of the mouth, which might be a clue. Much more, Castiel's behavior resembled a skilful ignoring of all questions.

Since Castiel was not much help and the three of them, rather just Dean and Sam, were finished eating, Sam raised his hand when Miranda was near her table so she could come to them to ask her some questions and get some useful information. About the missing people, the three of Miranda did not find out much new information, but only what had come out after the first research. The only new thing was that the disappearance of the people had already begun four months ago. In the beginning no body of the missing people had been found, but recently the first body was found. Then the second one, however, had not been intact, but parts of the flesh had been torn from the body and scattered near the place where it was found.

"And what about her," Dean pointed after a young woman who had just said goodbye to Miranda and left the diner, and then looked back at the owner, "Who is she?"

"Jyn? She's the mayor's assistant and for some time now also the sheriff's assistant," which immediately led to an irritated look from Sam and Miranda started circling around in the air to explain, "The sheriff has his weakness..... I call it once, and since he's pretty thick with the mayor, *they* may help there. The little one for everything she is called by many, only in not quite so friendly."

"Sounds like she's pretty popular," Sam concluded, causing his brother to stand up and give him an irritated look, but Dean pointed with a head movement toward the door where the brunette had disappeared through a few minutes ago, "What else can you tell us about her? "

"I can't tell you much about it, except that she came right after college and was the only applicant for the job," a fact that Miranda has only now begun to notice and none of the people living here have ever noticed, "Many people here would say or say she is the unofficial mayor because she takes care of everything. After half a year, it must have been, the first citizens had gone to her when there were problems and the people here are not exactly known for openly welcoming strangers. Our mayor is mayor thanks to the family, just like his father was and before him. Offices in smaller towns are inherited rather than elected. Yet it does not fit here. She does not belong to the people who live in a place where everyone knows each other."

"It seems to me, after the way you told it, people like her", for some inexplicable reason Castiel started to smile, folded his hands on the table and glanced out the window before he returned to the conversation, "Maybe this was the reason why she died."

As Castiel continued to smile, from what he had just said and thought it was perfectly normal, Miranda had reached the point where she turned around and went back to work. She wondered if the events of the past few months would attract more and more crazies to the city.