03

Everyone has a wish, even you. So Horizon, what is it that your heart desires most apart from me.

Dean had been flicking around in front of Jyn's face for quite some time now, since she was just sitting at her desk, staring at herself as if she was far away but not here, and her chin resting on her palm. No reaction to anything, not even blinking, and nothing else, no nothing at all. It took a moment for Jyn to start blinking and look up at Dean who was obviously trying to talk to her. Judging by his face, a little longer. In vain.

"Sorry", Jyn started slightly confused, continued blinking and then put her chin on the back of her right hand, "What did you say?"

"Slept well?", Dean joked, which he couldn't help but notice, and put an opened file folder on her table, "I wanted to know why it says on every missing person report that the search was stopped and put on file after only a few days?"

"Disinterest...... Laziness..... It's hard to understand what the sheriff's motives are or much more not", still Jyn overpowered the feeling of being in sleep or at least half asleep, and drove herself over face with the other one, "My brain..... how long was I gone?"

"Fifteen minutes, maybe longer", with certainty Dean couldn't say it, because he had been busy with the reports and therefore hadn't paid much attention to Jyn, "Are you okay? You've become extremely pale since you were wherever you were. You just stared straight ahead the whole time without blinking. Without blinking. It was kind of creepy."

"Unimportant", yet Jyn questioningly frowned, took a quick look out the window and rose apathetically from her chair, "Who..... is that?"

"What?", Dean asked confusedly when he suddenly heard Jyn push the chair back, looked out the window and immediately went to the window, "What do you think? There's nobody there."

"Then maybe I was just imagining it", although Jyn was convinced that she had really seen this person, she just disappeared again, "Oh man, that's all I needed..... maybe I should..... I don't know..... anyway, can I help you with anything else?"

"The sheriff," Dean shrugged, looked out the window again and then to the empty office, "As long as the mayor isn't here, I can talk to him too. Weren't you going to see him anyway?"

"Thanks for the reminder," thinking she had to *help out* with the sheriff, Jyn made a tortured sound and pointed to the clock on the wall, "If you can wait a minute, we'll go together and I can give you an overview of the city."

The Sheriff's Department was not all the way across town, so Jyn Dean only showed the Citizens' Office; the school; the path up to the woods; and some stores whose owners were missing or missing people themselves. There was not much to see in Berkley Creed. It was a small town in Colorado that hardly anyone had ever heard of or even knew existed. Not even when the incidents began. A ghost town.

While Dean had gone after Jyn and shortly after reported that he was on his way to the mayor, Sam and Castiel had set out for the forest to get a first impression. The missing persons who had reappeared so far had been found here, and they were not in good condition, if you could call it that. If it had been one or more wild animals, there should at least be traces. In the middle of the forest, San stopped abruptly and turned to Castiel with his arm raised.

"You said them and. And who? Who is that and?", Sam began, "She's a Demon, right? And if she is, Crowley knows her. Probably. But he should. Then how do you know her?"

"Sam," Castiel began in a conciliatory tone, unable to give Sam an answer, "If she knows again, we'll know soon enough. At least you and Dean, since I already know, only you can't tell. As soon as the right people know or hear that she is here and not dead, they will pass it on and so it won't be long before her memory comes back."

"And who is so fixated on learning that this woman is still alive," but Castiel showed Sam that his mouth was sealed and the only way to find out who or what Jyn was was to wait until she knew for herself, "Great. My money's on Crowley, though. Someone like Crowley always likes to have his eyes and ears everywhere and wants to know about everything. Either that or she made a deal with him years ago. Either way, Crowley knows her or knows something."

So Castiel just gave Sam a smile of compassion and walked right past him, deeper into the woods.