09

Actually, I should be pretty angry about what happened to me. But it is hard to stay angry when there is so much beauty in the world..... And I can feel nothing but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about. But don't worry, one day you will. -American Beauty

"To the name", eagerly awaiting the reaction that was about to follow, the man leaned forward a little, put his hands in his lap and watched Jyn attentively, "Lucifer. No matter if with c or z."

"Your parents must really hate you," Jyn replied soberly while writing down the name, but the next moment she realized that she had said it out loud and not just thought, "Sorry, it's a habit that's hard to get rid of. So it's nothing personal."

"That's all right, this and more I hear a lot. You get used to it, and quite honestly, sometimes you have fun doing it," Lucifer began to smile, because this was a big hit, "Beautiful. Just as beautiful as when the sun goes down every day.

"Uh, the dead? Beautiful is a pretty extraordinary description of what had happened," Jyn replied with strong doubts, turned the pen in her hands and, with a wrinkle on her forehead, looked past Lucifer to the wall opposite, "Sunset, sunrise, dawn, dusk and, as many like to forget, the twilight of the gods. A solar eclipse once excluded. Yes, dead people and the latter are quite similar."

"Those too but I meant you", for a mention in passing, showed this effect, because Jyn paused in her writing process and looked up at Lucifer, "Long time ago. Too long. Just because Dad thought he had to punish me and you weren't where he wanted you to be. I may have been responsible for a few conflicts, blaming myself for your avoidable death, but it was never your place.

"Why does everyone think I should be dead these days? First two brothers with their weird friend in a trench coat and now you," but Lucifer reached out both index fingers, his hands still resting on his lap, and nodded in the direction of her arm, "That was......"

"Dogs," Lucifer finished Jyn's sentence with a deliberate nod, making her look at the scars and twist her arm, "I know. You always had a knack for dogs, especially very special ones. Didn't Castiel tell you? He usually talks too much and interferes in matters that don't concern him. He's not much better than some of his brothers."

A fact that someone had to take care of, which is why Lucifer stood up, said goodbye to Jyn - despite that, there was one more thing he had to tell before he really left her alone.

"By the way, the dead in the factory......", soundlessly smacking his lips, Lucifer stopped at the door, while weighing his head alternately to the right and left, and finally pointed at Jyn, "..... It is quite possible that...... No, strike that well possible, they are on me. They were the worst and most useless employees of a pack of demons you could have. Nobody will miss them anyway. A few dead demons are of no value."

Shock or shock, Lucifer admitted he avoided killing the eleven humans, or as he called them, demons, not a trace. Nothing like that had been visible in Jyn's face or expression. It was almost as if it was a habit and therefore, not all too surprisingly, more. Looking down at the newspaper, she underlined several paragraphs, pulled the corner of her left mouth up to a smile, and shook her head barely noticeably. So typical and to be expected, she thought, changed the last errors in the file and then turned off the computer. From the neighboring table, she took her jacket, but did not put it on, because it was clearly too warm outside for that, and when she turned off the light, she let her finger rest on the light switch, because she suddenly became aware of Lucifer's voice. It was the same as in her nightmare and the same as the one from the daydream when Dean visited her at City Hall. She even knew his face. The stranger from Berkley Creed, whom she couldn't identify and only thought she was imagining.

"Horizon well", Jyn started on the sidewalk, looked up briefly into the starry sky and then to Lucifer, who had obviously been waiting for her, "Lucifer, Castiel, Dad wanted to punish me...... The Bible. Angel, as far as I can remember. I've never been very interested in the Bible, nor do I believe in *God*. What does this crap have to do with me?"

"Everything. All this nonsense is your life", how convinced Jyn was of Lucifer's words, because everybody could not imagine a thing, "And forget about the Horizon very quickly. Someone lived in the crazy belief that this was an ideal description."

"Jyn. Just Jyn," corrected Jyn, held Lucifer's hand, which he took and held on to so that he could see a pleasant shiver running through her body, "Okay...... Okay..... Nice to meet you...... God, that sounds awful. Nice to meet you."

Keep walking and just don't talk to him, any normal and mentally healthy person would guess. Which person would also freely say, without finding anything reprehensible about having killed someone and, as in this case, eleven? Eleven. No one, was the answer, and yet Jyn stood here.